Dead people often have green tinge to them.
The Greek word is chloros which means green.
All the four horse riders only control one quarter of the earth.
The rider of this horse has a given name and the name is death and has another rider followed called Hades if translated into English it would be translated as Hell.
The Fourth Seal: the pale horse
Death and hell rampant because of the first three seals (Matthew 24:6-7)
The Vision of the Fourth Seal Opened
7 When the lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Go!” 8 I looked, and there wasa a paleb green horse! Its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. They were given authority over one-fourthc of the earthd to kill people using wars, famines, plagues, and ethe wild animals of the earth.
a. Here death and hell are personified.
|These two riders are named, because they are not recognized as easily as the first three riders of the first three seals.|
b. A pale horse.
|Gr, chloros. Trans. Green except here (see Revelation 8:7;9:4; Mark. 6:39). Death rides the green horse, and hell rides the fifth horse, which is perhaps red to represent fire. Death here no doubt refers to a great pestilence following wars and famines of the first three seals. cp Matthew 24:6–7, Ezekiel 14:21|
c. Tribulation not world-wide Revelation 6:9
|1. The first four seals apply only to a fourth part of the earth (Revelation 8) following wars and famines of the first three seals. Matthew 24:6–7 Ezekiel 14:21[j1]
2. The martyrdom of the saints in Revelation 6:9–11 is primarily inside the Roman Empire territory where the great whore of Revelation 17 dominates the ten kings[j2].
3. The 144, 000 Jews[j3] of
4. The great Tribulation saints of Revelation 7:9–17 are martyred only in that part of the earth where the tribulation will be the old Roman Empire territory, as proved in Revelation 13 dealing with the extent of Antichrist’s reign[j6].
5. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th trumpets are over only a third part of the earth. Revelation 8:7–12[j7]
6. The sixth trumpet causes only a third part of men to be killed. Revelation9:18
7. Jerusalem and Israel are the ones affected in the troubles of Revelation 11:1–13; 12:1–17[j8]
8. The Antichrist[j9] rule will be only over the 10 kingdoms of the old Roman Empire tertiary. Revelation 13, notes[j10]
9. The events of 14:8-20 concern Babylon, beast worshipers, martyrs, and Armageddon in Palestine[j11].
10. The vial judgments are also limited to the kingdom of Antichrist (Revelation 16:2, 10, 12; 18:1–24). Even[j12] the second advent is local (Zechariah 14: 1-5; Revelation 19:11-21), Christ will be reigning in Jerusalem before many people in the isolated parts of the earth will know He is on earth (Isaiah 2:2–4; 52:7, 66:19–21; Zechariah 8:23)[j13]
d. This refers to the wars of the first two seals.
|The famine of the third seal, and to death and hell of the fourth seal, Revelation 6:2–8|
e. Where the dead bodies are fallen in the wars.
|The famines and plagues of the first four seals, there the beasts will be gathered to eat them. Cp. Matthew 24:28; Luke. 17:34–37; Revelation 17:17; Ezekiel 39:17–21|
[j1]However the 5th seal gives no size qualification, the 6th seal 6:12–17 especially v 14 talks about every mountain and island moved out of their places. Rev 7:1 — the four corners of the earth.
[j2]There is no qualification of where the martyrs come from —
simply “the souls of them that were slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.” There have been millions worldwide down through the ages. See also 7:9-17 especially v 14 — “a great multitude no man could number — which came out of the great tribulation.”
Every tribe is mentioned, not just Judah.
No location given.
Why not? No limitation is given.
Revelation chapter 13 gives no size limitation — in fact Rev 13:18 “all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him.”
A third part specifically affected, impossible for the fallout not to be felt elsewhere. The 5th trumpet has no size limitation and is upon the earth in general.
Revelation is not always consecutive — it is a series of pictures — some consecutive, some parallel, some in parenthesis, some already fulfilled.
Do not personify the beast system into a single person — i.e. the woman is a nation. If a single human is to represent the spirit of antichrist then a single human would have to represent Christ also — a very dicey concept indeed. The constant references to physical Rome make it far more likely to be spiritual Rome — the papacy and all similar thought systems of domination.
Again, all the earth is mentioned.
Why? The whole earth is reaped in that passage and there is no location given.
No limitation to the kingdom/influence of the beast is given. The vial is poured “upon the earth.”
Matthew 24:27-31, Luke 17:24, Rev 1:7 (“every eye shall see him” etc) — Jesus Himself (and He ought to know!) describes His second coming as extremely visible worldwide and with a worldwide effect.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Book of Revelation, Revelation 1:1-6
- Jesus coming back from the Clouds, Revelation 1:4-8
- John on the Island of Patmos, Revelation 1:9-11
- Seven Churches, Revelation 1:9-11 and 1:4
- The Eight fold characteristics of the son of man, Revelation 1:12-20
- Jesus holds the keys, Revelation 1:17-18
- First Church, Ephesus; The Tree of Life, Revelation 2:1-7
- Second Church, Smyrna; Satan, Revelation 2:8-11
- Third church, Pergamum; Manna, Revelation 2:12-17
- Fourth church, Thyatira; Morning Star, Revelation 2:18-29
- Fifth Church, Sardis; White robes, Revelation 3:1-6
- 6th church, Philadelphia; Holy City, Revelation 3:7-13
- 7th Church, Laodicea; Door to your Heart, Revelation 3:14-22
- The Throne of God in Heaven, Revelation 4:1-11
- The Scroll and the Lamb, Revelation 5:1-14
- 1st seal – the white horse and rider, Revelation 6:1-2
- The Second seal – the Red Horse, Revelation 6:3-4
- 3rd Seal – The black horse, Revelation 6:5-6
- The Fourth Seal: the pale or green horse, Revelation 6:7-8
- 5th Seal – White Robes, Revelation 6:9-11
- 6th Seal, Blackness, Revelation 6:12-17
- 1444,000 Jewish missionaries, Revelation 7:1-8
- Believers in white Robes holding palm branches, Revelation 7:9-17
- Jesus opens the Seventh Seal, Revelation 8:1
- Angel with the Golden Censer, Revelation 8:3-6
- 1st Trumpet – Hail and fire mixed with blood, Revelation 8:7
- The second Trumpet or second Shofar, Revelation 8:8-9
- The Judgment of the Third trumpet or Shofar, Revelation 8:10-11
- The Judgment of the Fourth Trumpet or 4th Shofar, Revelation 8:12
- The first Horror, Revelation 8:13
- The Fifth Trumpet or fifth Shofar, Revelation 9:1-12
- The Second Horror, horrors, calamity, terror, Revelation 9:13 to 11:14
- Sixth Trumpet or sixth Shofar released 200 million soldiers for war, Revelation 9:13-21
- The Angel, Revelation 10:1-7
- The Little Scroll, Revelation 10:8-11
- 1260 Days of the Gentiles, Revelation 11:1-2
- 1260 Days of the Two Witnesses, Revelation 11:3-6
- The Two Witnesses of God, Revelation 11:1-14
- Earthquake, Revelation 11:13-14
- The Seventh Trumpet or shofar sounds, Revelation 11:15-18
- Announcement of the third horror, Revelation 12:10-12
- The Ark of God, Revelation 11:19
- Questions and Answers to questions 1 to 44 inclusive
- The book of Revelation Part Two – Click Here
- Background Information – Revelation Part One
- Resources – Revelation Part One