Mary understands what the angel tells her and was excited because the Angel Gabriel had just told her that she was pregnant with the Messiah.
She visited Elizabeth immediately to share her news.
In Hebrew Mary means bitter.
Joseph married Mary who gave birth to Jesus.
Mary and Joseph were descendants of King David.
Background Reading: – Mary Visits Elizabeth
39 Later on, Mary set out for a Judean city in the hill country. 40 She went into Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth.
Mary like her husband Joseph were both from the tribe of Judah.
The couple were considered married, in the time of Jesus, from the day of the betrothal.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Angel Gabriel spoke to Mary about the Birth of Jesus. Luke 1:26-38
- Mary got a visit from the angel Gabriel, Luke 1:39-40
- Elizabeth gets a visit from Mary, Luke 1:41-45
- Mary sings a song of praise to God, Luke 1:46-56
- An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, Matthew 1:18-25
- Joseph Goes To Bethlehem, Luke 2:1-4
- Mary traveled with Joseph on a donkey, Luke 2:5
- Jesus a newly born Baby, Luke 2:6-7 and Matthew 1:18-25
- Shepherds keeping watch, Luke 2:8-12 and 2:15-20
- Angels praised God for the birth of Jesus, Luke 2:13-14
- Jesus at 40 days old was taken to the Temple, Luke 2:22-24
- Simeon blesses Jesus, Luke 2:25-35
- Anna the prophetess, Luke 2:36-38
- Magi, traveled from the east to find Jesus, Matthew 2:1-2
- Herod gets a visit from the Magi, Matthew 2:3-8
- Magi followed the star to a house, Matthew 2:9-10
- Jesus as a child in the house, Matthew 2:11-12
- Joseph takes Jesus and Escapes to Egypt, Matthew 2:13-15
- Herod the Great plans how to kill Jesus, Matthew 2:16-18
- The Return from Egypt to Nazareth, Matthew 2:19-23
- Jesus about twelve years old, Luke 2:41-52
- The Cross still to come see Luke and Matthew
- Questions and Answers 1-11
- Questions and Answers 12-23
- Time Line for Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Timelines – Birth of Jesus
- Background Information – Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Resources – Birth of Jesus
- Next Module – Ministry of Jesus