Jesus main purpose on earth was to open a way for us to the father.
The main purpose of Jesus’ life was for Him to die on the cross, and then to be raised to life from the dead. This resurrection enables us to access God, His Father.
In Genesis 3:14-15 God said to Satan he was going to lose and His son Jesus was going to win the war between Satan and God over mankind.
- Read the Gospels:
- Luke 22:1-24:53
- Matthew 26:1-28:20
- Mark 11:1-16:20
- John 12:1-21:25
Jesus was possibly born between 12BC and no later than 4BC because he was born before the death of Herod the Great in 4BC. Jesus died between AD26 and AD39 during the reign of Roman procurator Pontius Pilate.
Jesus died on the cross to give us access to His father.
Some of the dates of Jesus’ Crucifixion could have been one of the following dates:
Wednesday [Tuesday sunset-Wednesday sunset] April 10th AD32.
Fri April 3rd AD33 or April 14th AD33, March/April AD30, 5-6th April Wednesday-Thursday AD29.
Remember Jesus died on the cross to allow us access to His father.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Angel Gabriel spoke to Mary about the birth of Jesus – Luke 1:26-38
- Mary got a visit from the Angel Gabriel – Luke 1:39-40
- Elizabeth gets a visit from Mary – Luke 1:41-45
- Mary sings a song of praise to God – Luke 1:46-56
- An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream – Matthew 1:18-25
- Joseph goes to Bethlehem – Luke 2:1-4
- Mary traveled with Joseph on a donkey – Luke 2:5
- Jesus a newly born baby – Luke 2:6-7 and Matthew 1:18-25
- Shepherds keeping watch – Luke 2:8-12 and 2:15-20
- Angels praised God for the birth of Jesus – Luke 2:13-14
- Jesus at 40 days old was taken to the Temple – Luke 2:22-24
- Simeon blesses Jesus – Luke 2:25-35
- Anna the Prophetess – Luke 2:36-38
- Magi traveled from the east to find Jesus – Matthew 2:1-2
- The visit of the Magi to Herod – Matthew 2:3-8
- Magi followed the star to a house – Matthew 2:9-10
- Jesus as a child in the house – Matthew 2:11-12
- Joseph takes Jesus and escapes to Egypt – Matthew 2:13-15
- Herod the Great plans how to kill Jesus – Matthew 2:16-18
- The return from Egypt to Nazareth – Matthew 2:19-23
- Jesus about twelve years old – Luke 2:41-52
- The cross is still to come – Luke 22:1-24:53 and Matthew 26:1-28:20
- Questions and Answers 1-11
- Questions and Answers 12-23
- Timeline for Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Background Information – Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Resources – Birth of Jesus
- Next Module – Ministry of Jesus