Questions and Answers 1-11
1. What did Mary call herself to the angel?
2. What was the name of the angel that talked to Mary?
3. What was the name of the cousin who also was pregnant?
4. Which town was Mary living in when she got a visit from the angel Gabriel?
5. An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said what to Joseph?
6. Why did Joseph go to Bethlehem?
7. What was the size and population of Jerusalem?
8. The shepherds found Jesus as a newly born baby. Is this correct?
9. Which group of people came and saw the baby Jesus first?
10. What did the angels praised God for?
11. Why was Jesus taken to the Temple in Jerusalem at 40 days old?
Answers for questions 1-11
1. Bond servant or slave to the Most High God.
2. The angel Gabriel.
4. The town of Nazareth.
5. Take Mary home as your wife.
6. The Romans had a census, or head count.
7. Jerusalem covered one square mile and had an estimated population of 200,000.
8. The shepherds found Jesus as a newly-born baby [Greek brephos] in a feed trough.
9. The shepherds.
10. The angels sang songs of praise to God for the birth of Jesus.
11. The Jewish religious ritual of redemption of the first born son.
Now try Section Two.
Other modules in this unit: