the man with the Coat of many colors, 1914BC- 1804BC, 11th son of . Joseph was sold by his brothers in 1897BC, Exalted in Egypt by the in 1884BC, Married Asenath daughter of Potiphera, priest of On. They had two sons and .
Joseph was the one whose dreams from God came true. He was also able to interpret other people’s dreams.
Joseph was 30 years old when the Pharaoh of Egypt made him Second in Charge.
He died at one hundred and ten years old in Egypt. His bones were taken back to the land of his birth when Moses lead the people out of Egypt about 400 years later. Exodus 13:19.
Joseph looked after his brothers and their families even after his brothers tried to harm him when he was still a teenager. Joseph was a still a very powerful man in Egypt.
Jacob promised to Joseph he as a people would go back to the land and Jacob would give to Joseph one portion more than to his brothers. The portion being the ridge of land that he took from the Amorites with his sword and bow.
11:22 By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelis and gave them instructions about burying his bones.
The Death of Joseph
50:22 Joseph continued to live in Egypt, along with his father’s household, until he was 110 years old. 23 Joseph saw the third generation of Ephraim’s children, as well as the children who had been born to Manasseh’s son Machir, whom he adopted as his own. 24 Later, Joseph told his brothers, “I’m going to die soon, but God will certainly provide for you and bring you up from this land to the land that he promised with an oath to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” 25 So Joseph made all of Israel’s other children make this promise: “Because God is certainly going to take care of you, you are to carry my bones up from here.”
26 Some time later, Joseph died at the age of 110 years, and he was embalmed and placed in a coffin in Egypt.
Joseph was the favorite son of Jacob by his favorite wife Rachel.
The youth whose dreams came true.
First of the Hebrew leaders very early on in the History of Israel.
He had a Christ like spirit.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Beginning, Hebrews 1:1-3 & Genesis 1:1-2
- Seven days of Creation, Hebrews 1:1-3 & Genesis 1:1-2:3
- Cain the first human murderer recorded in the Bible, Hebrews 11:4 & Genesis 4:1-18
- Abel a righteous man, Hebrews 11:4 & Genesis 4:1-17
- Enoch did not die, Hebrews 11:5-6 & Genesis 5:21-24
- Noah built an Ark, Hebrews 11:7 and Genesis 5:28 – 7:24
- Abraham the father of the Hebrew people, Hebrews 11:8-19 and Genesis chapters 12:1-20
- Sarah Abraham’s wife, Hebrews 11:5-6 and Genesis 17:15
- Isaac Abraham’s son, Hebrews 11:17-20 and Genesis 25:20-34
- Esau Isaac’s son, Hebrews 11:20 and Genesis 25:20-34
- Jacob Isaac’s favorite son, Hebrews 11:21 and Genesis 27:1-29
- Manasseh Joesph’s Older Son, Hebrews 11:21 and Genesis 48:1-22 & 49:22-26
- Joesph’s younger son, Hebrews 11:21 and Genesis 48:1-22
- Joseph had a coat of many colors, Hebrews 11:22 and Genesis 50:22-26
- Amram a Levite, the father of Moses, Hebrews 11:23 and Exodus 2:1-10 and 6:14-20
- Jochebed the mother of Moses, Hebrews 11:23 and Exodus 2:1-2 and 6:20
- Moses followed God by faith, Hebrews 11:24-28 and Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
- The Red Sea divided and congealed, Hebrews 11:29 and Exodus 14:21-31
- Joshua and the fall of Jericho, Hebrews 11:33 and Joshua 5:13-6:21
- Caleb Moses’ man, Hebrews 11:33 and Numbers 14:26-30
- The fall of Jericho, Hebrews 11:30 and Joshua 6:16-27
- Rahab saved from death, Hebrews 11:31 and Joshua 2:1-24 & 6:22-25
- Barak the army commander of Israel, Hebrews 11:32 and Judges 4-5
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel, Hebrews 11:32-34 and Judges 6:11-18
- Jephthah the Gileadite the tenth Judge of Israel, Hebrews 11:32 or 11:34 and Judges 11:1-15
- The Prophets from Genesis to Revelation, Hebrews 11:32 and Genesis To Revelation
- Samson the Fourteenth Judge of Israel, Hebrews 11:32-34 and Judges 13:1-25
- Samuel 15th Judge of Israel and also a Prophet, Hebrews 11:32 and 1 Samuel 16:1-13
- King Saul first of three Kings, Hebrews 11:32 and 1 Samuel 11:1-15
- David second of three kings, Hebrews 11:32 and 1 Samuel and 2 Samuel
- Jonathan David’s true friend, Hebrews 11:34 and 1 Samuel 14:1-14
- The widow of Zarephath, Hebrews 11:35 and 1 Kings 17:8-24
- Obadiah and Elijah, Hebrews 11:38 and 1 Kings 18:1-15
- The prophet Elijah did sixteen miracles, Hebrews 11:37 and 1 Kings 18:16-46
- The vineyard of Naboth and King Ahab, Hebrews 11:37 and 1 Kings 21:1-29
- The vineyard of Naboth and Queen Jezebel, Hebrews 11:37 and 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Micaiah, the son of Imlah, Hebrews 11:36 and 1 Kings 22:1-28
- Elisha the Prophet, Hebrews 11:35 and 2 Kings 2:9-25
- The miracle of the Widow’s Oil, Hebrews 11:35 and 2 Kings 4:1-7
- The Shunammite and her son, Hebrews 11:35 and 2 Kings 4:8-37
- Zechariah the Prophet, Hebrews 11:37 and 2 Chronicles 24:20-22
- King Hezekiah, Hebrews 11:34 and 2 Kings 18:1-20:21 and 2 Chronicles 29:1-32:33
- King Hezekiah, The sun went backwards, Hebrews 11:34 and 2 Kings 20:1-11
- Isaiah the prophet, Hebrews 11:37 and Isaiah 1:1
- Jeremiah the prophet, Hebrews 11:37 and Jeremiah 1:1-19
- Uriah the Son of Shemaiah, Hebrews 11:37 and Jeremiah 26:20-23
- Jeremiah put down a well , Hebrews 11:36 and Jeremiah 38:1-28
- The book of Daniel, Hebrews 11:33 and The Book of Daniel 1:1-21
- The Fiery Furnace, Hebrews 11:34 and Daniel 3:1-30
- Daniel in the Lions’ Den, Hebrews 11:33 and Daniel 6:1-28
- Hasmonean Dynasty, Hebrews 11:34
- John the Baptist, Hebrews 11:38 and Luke 1:5-25
- Jesus the Son of God, Hebrews 12:1-4 and Luke 1:1-2:52
- Background Information: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Resources: For Hebrews Chapter 11
- Next Module – Revelation part one » »