1. in Hebrew means: God is force – Tribe of Judah – 40 years of peace until he died – 1373BC-1334BC – Judges 3:9-11.
Othniel’s father Kenaz, younger brother of Caleb, Married Achsa (Achsah) in Hebrew means: serpent-charmer Caleb’s daughter, because of a promise Caleb made to his troops.
5. in Hebrew means: Feeler, Hewer, also known as Jerub-Baal. Ruled or Judged Israel for 40 years – 1191BC-1151BC – Judges 6:1-8:35. Son of Joash which in Hebrew means: great warrior – Gideon was from the tribe of Manasseh. Jerub-Baal in Hebrew means: let baal contend.
6. in Hebrew means: father of a king (bad) 3 years – 1151BC-1149BC. Judges 9:1-57 son of Gideon by a concubine – Tribe of Manasseh – Judge or King?
7. in Hebrew means: crimson/warm color – Tribe of Issachar – Ruled for 23 years 1149BC-1129BC. Judges 10:1-2.
8. in Hebrew means: JAH(G’D) enlightens 22 years 1126BC-1105BC Judges 10:3-5 Manasseh 30 sons on 30 donkeys. The marriage of and 1150BC approximately. See book the of Ruth. is the great grandmother of .
9. ( at Shiloh) in Hebrew means: JAH is High – Levi-high priest 40 years 1107BC-1067BC not in Judges died at 98 1st Samuel 4:14-18 lead Israel for 40 years. Descent via Ithamar younger of Aaron’s 2 surviving sons Samuel took over from Eli.
14. in Hebrew means: distinguished, strong – Tribe of Dan 20 years, 1069BC-1049BC Judges 11-16 south west gates of Gaza, house of Dagaon. Lady friend Delilah in Hebrew means: languishing – Trouble 2nd trouble Judges 17:1-21:24.
15. in Hebrew means: heard of G’D – Tribe of Levi, Birth 1105BC – ruled or Judged 1067BC-1020BC for 47 years died at the age of 85 – 1 Samuel 3 (at Bethel, Gilgal, Mizpah) – one of the last judges and first in a line of prophets that lasted till Malachi and John the Baptist in New Testament. Anointed both Saul and David as kings.
16. (Vashni) in Hebrew means: JAH is G’D – 1st son, 1049BC-1043BC Both were so wicked (They were Judges in Beersheba) and Samuel was so old that Israel who wanted to be like the other nations asked for and got a king. So anointed in 1043BC to be King. Then God asked Samuel later to anoint .
17. (Abiah) in Hebrew means: JAH is Father – 2nd son. Both were so wicked (They were Judges in Beersheba) and Samuel was so old that Israel who wanted to be like the other nations asked for and got a king.
So anointed in 1043BC to be King. Then God asked later to anoint .
Other modules in this unit:
- Joshua God’s warrior and the fall of Jericho, Joshua 5:13-15 & 6:1-27
- Caleb Moses’ Man, Numbers 14:26-35
- The two scouts or spies were Joshua’s eyes, Joshua 2:1-24 and 6:22-25
- Rahab helped Israel to take Jericho, Joshua 2:1-24
- Crossing the Jordan River, Joshua 3:17
- The fall of Jericho, Joshua 5:13-15 & 6:16-27
- Rahab saved from death, Joshua 6:22-25
- Ai burns, Joshua 8:1-29
- Othniel the first Judge of Israel, Judges 3:7-11
- Ehud the second Judge of Israel, Judges 3:12-30
- Shamgar the third Judge of Israel, Judges 3:31
- Deborah the 4th Judge of Israel, Judges 4:1-24 & 5:1-31
- Barak the commander of the army under Deborah the fourth Judge of Israel, Judges 4-5
- Barak and Deborah, Judges 4:8-10
- Jael the wife of Heber took a tent peg, Judges 4:21
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel, Judges 6:1 – 8:35
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel with God’s help gets 300 men , Judges 7:5-8
- Abimelech the sixth Judge of Israel, Judges 9:1-57
- The curse of Jotham, Judges 9:8-15
- Tola the seventh 7th Judge of Israel, Judges 10:1-2
- Naomi and Ruth, Ruth 1:1-9
- Jair the eight Judge of Israel, Judges 10:3-5
- Eli the high priest and 9th Judge of Israel, 1 Samuel 1:1-8 – 4:22
- Birth of Samuel, 1 Samuel 1:1-28 & 2:1-11
- Ruth, the great grand mother of King David, Ruth 1:16-2:23
- Ruth and Boaz at the Threshing Floor, Ruth 3:1-18 and 4:13-22
- Sandal of the Kinsman Redeemer, Ruth 4:1-12
- Jephthah the Gileadite the 10th Judge of Israel, Judges 11:1-15
- The only daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite the 10th Judge of Israel, Judges 11:34-40
- Ibzan the 11th Judge or Ruler of Israel, Judges 12:8-10
- Elon the 12th Judge of Israel, Judges 12:11-12
- Abdon the 13th Judge of Israel, Judges 12:13-15
- Samson the 14th Judge of Israel, Judges 13:1-25
- Delilah and Samson, Judges 16:4-20
- Delilah New Ropes, Samson the 14th Judge of Israel, Judges 16:11-12
- Delilah seeks Samson the 14th Judge of Israel, Judges 16:18
- Samson sleeps Samson the 14th Judge of Israel, Judges 16:19
- Death of Samson the 14th Judge of Israel, Judges 16:21-31
- Pillage – Levite and his Concubine, Judges 19:25-27
- Daughters of Shiloh, Judges 21:20-21
- Samuel 15th Judge of Israel and also a Prophet, 1 Samuel 16:1-13
- Joel 16th Judge of Israel, 1 Samuel 8:1-22
- Abijah 17th Judge of Israel, 1 Samuel 8:1-22
- Samuel the fifteenth Judge of Israel anoints two kings, 1 Samuel 10:9-27 and 2 Samuel
- 17 Judges or Leaders of Israel »
- Time line of the Judges
- Background Information – Judges of Israel
- Resources – Judges of Israel
- Next Module – Three Kings – Saul, David & Solomon »