1. in Hebrew means: God is force – Tribe of Judah – 40 years of peace until he died – 1373BC-1334BC – Judges 3:9-11.
Othniel’s father Kenaz, younger brother of Caleb. Married Caleb’s daughter Achsa (Achsah), which in Hebrew means: serpent-charmer, because of a promise Caleb made to his troops.
5. in Hebrew means: Feeler, Hewer, also known as Jerub-Baal. Ruled or Judged Israel for 40 years – 1191BC-1151BC – Judges 6:1-8:35. Son of Joash which in Hebrew means: great warrior – Gideon was from the tribe of Manasseh. Jerub-Baal in Hebrew means: let baal contend.
8. in Hebrew means: JAH(GOD) enlightens 22 years 1126BC-1105BC Judges 10:3-5 Manasseh. 30 sons on 30 donkeys. The marriage of and 1120BC approximately. See book the of Ruth. is the great grandmother of .
9. ( at Shiloh) in Hebrew means: JAH is High – Levi-high priest 40 years 1107BC-1067BC not in Judges died at 98 1st Samuel 4:14-18 lead Israel for 40 years. Descent via Ithamar younger of Aaron’s 2 surviving sons Samuel took over from Eli.
14. in Hebrew means: distinguished, strong – Tribe of Dan 20 years, 1069BC-1049BC Judges 11-16 south west gates of Gaza, house of Dagon. Lady friend Delilah in Hebrew means: languishing – Trouble 2nd trouble Judges 17:1-21:24.
15. in Hebrew means: heard of God – Tribe of Levi, Birth 1105BC – ruled or Judged 1067BC-1020BC for 47 years, died at the age of 85 – 1 Samuel 3 (at Bethel, Gilgal, Mizpah) – one of the last judges and first in a line of prophets that lasted till Malachi and John the Baptist in New Testament. Anointed both Saul and David as kings.
16. (Vashni) in Hebrew means: JAH is God – 1st son, 1049BC-1043BC Both were so wicked, they were Judges in Beersheba, and Samuel was so old that Israel who wanted to be like the other nations asked for and got a king. So anointed in 1043BC to be King. Then God asked Samuel later to anoint .
17. (Abiah) in Hebrew means: JAH is Father – 2nd son. Both were so wicked, they were Judges in Beersheba, and Samuel was so old that Israel who wanted to be like the other nations asked for and got a king.
So anointed in 1043BC to be King. Then God asked later to anoint .
Other modules in this unit:
- Joshua God’s warrior and the fall of Jericho
- Caleb, Moses’ Man
- The two scouts or spies were Joshua’s eyes
- Rahab helped Israel to take Jericho
- Crossing the Jordan River
- The fall of Jericho
- Rahab saved from death
- Ai burns
- House hold Idols
- Pillage – Levite and his Concubine
- Daughters of Shiloh
- Othniel the first Judge of Israel
- Ehud the second Judge of Israel
- Shamgar the third Judge of Israel
- Deborah the 4th Judge of Israel
- Barak the commander of the army, under Deborah the fourth Judge of Israel
- Barak and Deborah
- Jael the wife of Heber took a tent peg
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel
- Gideon, the fifth Judge of Israel, with God’s help gets 300 men
- Abimelech the sixth Judge of Israel
- The curse of Jotham
- Tola, the seventh Judge of Israel
- Naomi and Ruth
- Jair the eighth Judge of Israel
- Ruth, the great-grandmother of King David
- Ruth and Boaz at the Threshing Floor
- Sandal of the Kinsman Redeemer
- Birth of Samuel
- Eli the high priest and 9th Judge of Israel
- Jephthah the Gileadite the 10th Judge of Israel
- The only daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite, the 10th Judge of Israel
- Ibzan the 11th Judge or Ruler of Israel
- Elon the 12th Judge of Israel
- Abdon the 13th Judge of Israel
- Samson the 14th Judge of Israel
- Delilah and Samson
- Delilah New Ropes, Samson the 14th Judge of Israel
- Delilah seeks, Samson the 14th Judge of Israel
- Samson sleeps, Samson the 14th Judge of Israel
- Death of Samson, the 14th Judge of Israel
- Samuel the fifteenth Judge of Israel anoints two kings
- Joel the 16th Judge of Israel
- Abijah the 17th Judge of Israel
- Samuel the 15th Judge of Israel and also a Prophet
- Questions and Answers 1-14
- Questions and Answers 15- 28
- Questions and Answers 29-45
- 17 Judges or Leaders of Israel »
- Timeline of the Judges
- Background Information – Joshua and Judges of Israel
- Resources – Joshua and Judges of Israel
- Next Module – Three Kings – Saul, David & Solomon » »