King Pekah, the son of Remaliah, ruled in Samaria for twenty years. He sinned against the Lord and led Israel into sin.
Hoshea assassinated Pekah and succeed him as king.
Pul the emperor of Assyria captured the northern towns of Israel.
King Pekah aligned himself with King Rezin of Damascus.
Pekah in Hebrew means: open-eyed.
Pekah 18th King of Israel
15:27 Remaliah’s son Pekah began a 20-year reign as Israel’s king during the fifty-second year of King Azariah of Judah. 28 He did what the LORD considered to be evil by never abandoning the sins of Nebat’s son Jeroboam, by which he caused Israel to sin. 29 During the lifetime of King Pekah of Israel, King Tiglath-pileser of Assyria attacked. He captured the cities of Ijon, Abel Beth Maacah, Janoah, Kedesh, and Hazor. He also captured Gilead, Galilee, and the entire territory of Naphtali, and carried its people off to Assyria. 30 So during the twentieth year of the reign of Uzziah’s son Jotham, Elah’s son Hoshea conspired against Remaliah’s son Pekah, attacked him, executed him, and became king in his place. 31 The rest of Pekah’s activities, including everything that he accomplished, are written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Israel.
2 Kings 15:27-31
Also read: 2 Chronicles 28:5-8
Other modules in this unit:
- King Jeroboam, 1 Kings 11:26-14:20 and 2nd Chronicles 9:29-13:22
- King Nadab 2nd king of Israel, 1st Kings 15:25-28
- King Baasha 3rd king of Israel, 1 Kings 15:27-16:7
- King Elah the 4th King of Israel, 1 kings 16:8-14
- King Zimri 5th king of Israel, 1 Kings 16: 9-20
- King Omri 6th king of Israel, 1 Kings 16:15-28
- King Ahab 7th King of Israel, 1 Kings 16:29-22:40
- King Ahaziah the 8th king of Israel, 1 Kings 22:51-53, 2 Kings 1:1-18
- King Jehoram 9th king of Israel, 2nd Kings 3:1-9:25 & 2nd Chronicles 22:5-7
- King Jehu 10th king of Israel, 2 Kings 9:1-10:36 and 2nd Chronicles 22:7-12
- King Jehoahaz 11th king of Israel, 2 Kings 13:1:9
- King Jehoash 12th king of Israel, 2 Kings 13:10-14:16
- King Jeroboam 2nd 13th King of Israel, 2nd Kings 14:23-29
- King Zechariah 14th king of Israel, 2 Kings 14:29-15:12
- King Shallum 15th King of Israel, 2 Kings 15:10-15
- King Menahem 16th king of Israel, 2 Kings 15:14-22
- King Pekahiah 17th king of Israel, 2 Kings 15:22-26
- King Pekah 18th king of Israel, 2 Kings 15:27-31 and 2nd Chronicles 28:5-8
- King Hoshea 19th and last king of Israel, 2 Kings 17:1-6
- The 19 Kings of Israel who ruled between – 931BC-722BC
- Time line of the Kings of Israel
- Next Module – Prophets and Kings