2 Kings 15:27-31 and 2 Chronicles 28:5-8. King Pekah, the son of Remaliah, ruled in Samaria for twenty years. He sinned against the Lord and led Israel into sin.
Hoshea assassinated Pekah and succeed him as king.
Pul the emperor of Assyria captured the northern towns of Israel.
King Pekah aligned himself with King Rezin of Damascus.
Pekah in Hebrew means: open-eyed.
Pekah 18th King of Israel
15:27 Remaliah’s son Pekah began a 20-year reign as Israel’s king during the fifty-second year of King Azariah of Judah. 28 He did what the LORD considered to be evil by never abandoning the sins of Nebat’s son Jeroboam, by which he caused Israel to sin. 29 During the lifetime of King Pekah of Israel, King Tiglath-pileser of Assyria attacked. He captured the cities of Ijon, Abel Beth Maacah, Janoah, Kedesh, and Hazor. He also captured Gilead, Galilee, and the entire territory of Naphtali, and carried its people off to Assyria. 30 So during the twentieth year of the reign of Uzziah’s son Jotham, Elah’s son Hoshea conspired against Remaliah’s son Pekah, attacked him, executed him, and became king in his place. 31 The rest of Pekah’s activities, including everything that he accomplished, are written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Israel.
2 Kings 15:27-31
Also read: 2 Chronicles 28:5-8.
Other modules in this unit:
- King Jeroboam the first King of the House of Israel
- King Nadab the 2nd King of Israel
- King Baasha the 3rd King of Israel
- King Elah the 4th King of Israel
- King Zimri the 5th King of Israel
- King Omri the 6th King of Israel
- King Ahab the 7th King of Israel
- King Ahaziah the 8th King of Israel
- King Jehoram the 9th King of Israel
- King Jehu the 10th King of Israel
- King Jehoahaz the 11th King of Israel
- King Jehoash the 12th King of Israel
- King Jeroboam 2nd the 13th King of Israel
- King Zechariah the 14th King of Israel
- King Shallum the 15th King of Israel
- King Menahem the 16th King of Israel
- King Pekahiah the 17th King of Israel
- King Pekah the 18th King of Israel
- King Hoshea the 19th and last King of Israel
- The 19 Kings of Israel – 931BC-722BC = 209 years
- Timeline of the Kings of Israel
- Next Module – Prophets and Kings » »