Jotham became king at [ascended to the throne at] 25 years and ruled for 16 years. King Jotham did what was pleasing to the Lord. He also built the North Gate of the Temple.
King Jotham conquered the Ammonites and the Ammonites paid Jotham yearly a large some of money.
King Jotham became powerful because he walked steadfastly with the Lord God of Israel.
Jotham in Hebrew means: God is perfect or complete.
Jotham 11th King of Judah
32 Uzziah’s son Jotham became king over Judah during the second year of the reign oft Remaliah’s son Pekah, king of Israel. 33 He was 25 years old when he became king. He reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem. Zadok’s daughter Jerusha was his mother. 34 He did what the LORD considered to be right, following everything his father Uzziah had done, 35 except the high places were not torn down, and the people still sacrificed and burned incense on the high places. But he rebuilt the upper gate of the LORD’s Temple. 36 The rest of Jotham’s activities, including everything that he accomplished, are recorded in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Judah, are they not?
37 Right about that time, the LORD began to send King Rezin of Aram and Remaliah’s son Pekah against Judah. 38 Meanwhile, Jotham died, as did his ancestors, and was buried with them in the City of David, his ancestor. Then Jotham’s son Ahaz reigned in his place.
2 Kings 15:32-38
also read 2nd Chronicles 27:1-9
Other modules in this unit:
- King Rehoboam 1st king of Judah, 1st Kings 11:41-12:24 and 2nd Chronicles 9:31-12:16
- King Abijah or Abijam 2nd king of Judah, 1st Kings 14:31-15:8 and 2nd Chronicles 13:-22
- King Asa – 3rd and Good king of Judah, 1 Kings 15:8-24 and 2nd Chronicles 14:-16:14
- King Jehoshaphat the 4th Good King of Judah, 1 Kings 22:41-50 and 2nd Chronicles 17:1-20:37
- King Jehoram 5th king of Judah, 2nd Kings 8:16-24 and 2nd Chronicles 2:1-20
- King Ahaziah – 6th king of Judah, 2nd Kings 8:24-9:29 and 2nd Chronicles 22:1-9
- Queen Athaliah 7th King of Judah, 2 Kings 11:1-20 and 2nd Chronicles 22:1-23:21
- Joash the 8th king of Judah, 2 Kings 11:1-12:21 and 2nd Chronicles 22:10-24:27
- King Amaziah 9th and a Good king of Judah, 2nd Kings 14:1-20 and 2nd Chronicles 25:1-28
- King Azariah 10th and Good king of Judah, 2 Kings 15:1-7 and 2nd Chronicles 26:1-23
- King Jotham 11th and a Good king of Judah, 2 Kings 15:32-38 & 2nd Chronicles 27:1-9
- King Ahaz 12th king of Judah, 2 Kings 16:1-20 & 2nd Chronicles 28:1-27
- King Hezekiah was the the 13th and a Good king of Judah, 2nd Kings 18:1-20:21 & 2nd Chronicles 29:1-32:33
- King Manasseh 14th king of Judah, 2 Kings 21:1-18 & 2nd Chronicles 33:1-20
- King Amon 15th king of Judah, 2 Kings 21:19-26 & 2nd Chronicles 33:21-25
- King Josiah 16th and a Good king of Judah, 2 Kings 22:1-23:30 & 2nd Chronicles 34:1-35:27
- King Jehoahaz 17th king of Judah, 2 Kings 23:31-35 & 2nd Chronicles 36:1-4
- King Jehoiakim 18th king of Judah, 2 Kings 23:36-24:7 & 2nd Chronicles 36:5-7
- King Jehoiachin 19th king of Judah, 2 Kings 24:8-17 & 2nd Chronicles 36:8-10
- King Zedekiah 20th and last king of Judah, 2 Chronicles 36:11-21 & 2 Kings 24:17-25:30
- The 20 Kings of Judah who ruled between – 931BC-586BC
- Time line of the Kings of Judah
- Next Module – Kings of Israel