Jesus died on a Roman death machine to bring us life.
The main purpose of Jesus’ life was for Him to die on the cross, and then to be raised to life from the dead. This resurrection enables us to access God, His Father.
In Genesis 3:14-15 God said to Satan he was going to lose and His son Jesus was going to win the war between Satan and God over mankind.
Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life.”
The cross is the ultimate in love from God.
Jesus God’s only Son died on a Roman death machine to bring us life and right relationship with God His father.
The death of Jesus
read: Luke 22:1-24:12
Matthew 26:17-27:10, Mark 15:1-16:20 and John 19:1-20:30
Jesus was possibly born between 12BC no later than 4BC because he was born before the death of Herod the Great in 4BC. Jesus died between AD26 and AD39 during the reign of Roman procurator Pontius Pilate.
Jesus died on the cross to give us access to His father.
Some of the dates of Jesus’ Crucifixion could have been:-
Wednesday [Tuesday sunset-Wednesday sunset] April 10th AD32, Fri April 3rd AD33 or April 14th AD33, March/April AD30, 5-6th April Wednesday-Thursday AD29.
Remember Jesus died on the cross to allow us access to His father.
Other modules in this unit:
- King Rehoboam the first King of Judah, 1 Kings 11:41-12:24
- King Jeroboam the first King of Israel, 1 kings 11:26-30
- King Asa the 3rd and a Good King of Judah, 1 Kings 15:9-24
- King Nadab the 2nd King of Israel, 1 Kings 15:25-28
- King Ahab becomes the 7th King of Israel, 1 Kings 16:29-22:40
- The Widow of Zarephath received back her dead son back, 1 Kings 17:8-24
- Elijah the prophet on Mount Carmel, 1 Kings 18:1-46
- Queen Jezebel an evil queen, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Naboth’s family vineyard and King Ahab, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Naboth’s family Vineyard, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Micaiah a man of God, prophesies against King Ahab, 1 Kings 22:1-28
- Elisha the prophet who took over from Elijah, 2 Kings 2:1-14
- Elisha’s second of 32 Miracles-Healing of the water, 2 Kings 2:19-22
- The miracle of the Widow’s oil, 2 Kings 4:1-7
- The Shunammite woman had her Son restored back to life, 2 Kings 4:8-37
- Naaman the man healed of Leprosy by Elisha the man of God, 2nd Kings 5:1-27
- Obadiah the prophet of God, Obadiah 1:1-9
- King Amaziah the 9th and a Good King of Judah, 2 Kings 14:1-20 & 2 Chronicles 25:1-28
- Jonah a Prophet of God and the Whale, Jonah 1:1-17 – 4:11
- King Hoshea the last King of Israel was taken to Assyria, 2 Kings 17:1-6
- Israel Exiled As Slaves because of sin, 2 Kings 17:7-23
- Isaiah the Prophet (739BC-680BC) wrote the book Isaiah, 2 Kings 18:1-20-21
- Micah the Prophet, Micah 1:1-7
- King Hezekiah was the 13th King of Judah, 2 Kings 18:1-20:21 & 2 Chronicles 29:1-32:33
- King Hezekiah – sun went back, 2 Kings 20:1-11
- Jeremiah the prophet of God, Jeremiah 1:1-19
- Jeremiah visited the potter’s house, Jeremiah 18:1-17 & 19:15
- Uriah the Prophet, Jeremiah 26:20-23
- Jeremiah used a scribe called Baruch, Jeremiah 36:1-32
- The book of Daniel, 1:1-21
- King Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream, Daniel 2:1-49
- The Scroll – one of Ezekiel’s messages, Ezekiel 2:1-10 & 3:1-21
- The Valley of Dry Bones, Ezekiel 37:1-14
- Jeremiah the Prophet of God is put down a well, Jeremiah 38:1-40:6
- Zedekiah the 20th King of Judah, 2 Chronicles 36:11-21, 2 Kings 24:17-25:30 and Jeremiah 52:1-34
- Jerusalem goes into captivity, 2 Kings 25:1-25
- Judah goes into Slavery to Babylon, 2 Chronicles 36:11-21
- Golden Image made by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, Daniel 3:1-12
- Fiery test in the Fiery Furnace, Daniel 3:13-30
- Daniel in the Lions Den, Daniel 6:1-28
- The prophet Zechariah 520BC-488?BC, Zechariah 1:1-13
- Temple rebuilt by Zerubbabel, Haggai 1:1-15 & 2:1-23
- Esther becomes the Queen of Persia, Esther 1:1-9
- Nehemiah rebuilds the walls, Nehemiah 2:1-10
- Ezra, Nehemiah 8:2-18 or Ezra 1:1-13:30
- Malachi a prophet of God, Malachi 1:1-4:6
- 400 Years, The gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Hasmonean Dynasty, This family stayed faithful to God
- A Roman Soldier representing the Roman Empire
- Herod the Great built a temple for the Jews
- Angel Gabriel God’s Messenger, Luke 1:26-38
- The cross a Roman method of killing people, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus – The author and giver of all faith
- The 20 Kings of Judah who ruled between – 931BC-586BC
- The 19 Kings of Israel who ruled between – 931BC-722BC
- Time Line for Divided Kingdom
- Background Information – Prophets and Kings
- Resources – Prophets and Kings
- Next Module – 400 years