Malachi – 435?BC-412?BC.
Malachi a Jewish prophet of God wrote about: peoples hearts of stone.
Malachi’s main concern was the people of Israel had forgotten God and were failing to do what God required.
One of the three prophets after the exile. The other two were Haggai and Zechariah.
Post-exile which is after the return of the Jews from Babylon.
Malachi in Hebrew means: Messenger of Jah.
Malachi also writes about the coming of the Messiah.
1:1 A declaration: a message from the LORD to Israel by Malachi…….
Read the book of Malachi 1:1—4:6.
Other modules in this unit:
- King Rehoboam the first King of Judah, 1 Kings 14:21-31
- King Jeroboam the first King of Israel, 1 kings 11:26-30
- King Asa the 3rd and a Good King of Judah, 1 Kings 15:9-24
- King Nadab the 2nd King of Israel, 1 Kings 15:25-28
- King Ahab becomes the 7th King of Israel, 1 Kings 16:29-22:40
- The Widow of Zarephath received back her dead son back, 1 Kings 17:8-24
- Elijah the prophet on Mount Carmel, 1 Kings 18:1-46
- Queen Jezebel an evil queen, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Naboth’s family vineyard and King Ahab, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Naboth’s family Vineyard, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Micaiah a man of God, prophesies against King Ahab, 1 Kings 22:1-28
- Elisha the prophet who took over from Elijah, 2 Kings 2:1-14
- Elisha’s second of 32 Miracles-Healing of the water, 2 Kings 2:19-22
- The miracle of the Widow’s oil, 2 Kings 4:1-7
- The Shunammite woman had her Son restored back to life, 2 Kings 4:8-37
- Naaman the man healed of Leprosy by Elisha the man of God, 2nd Kings 5:1-27
- Obadiah the prophet of God, Obadiah 1:1-9
- King Amaziah the 9th and a Good King of Judah, 2 Kings 14:1-20 & 2 Chronicles 25:1-28
- Jonah a Prophet of God and the Whale, Jonah 1:1-17 – 4:11
- King Hoshea the last King of Israel was taken to Assyria, 2 Kings 17:1-6
- Israel Exiled As Slaves because of sin, 2 Kings 17:7-23
- Isaiah the Prophet (739BC-680BC) wrote the book Isaiah, 2 Kings 18:1-20-21
- Micah the Prophet, Micah 1:1-7
- King Hezekiah was the 13th King of Judah, 2 Kings 18:1-20:21 & 2 Chronicles 29:1-32:33
- King Hezekiah – sun went back, 2 Kings 20:1-11
- Jeremiah the prophet of God, Jeremiah 1:1-19
- Jeremiah visited the potter’s house, Jeremiah 18:1-17 & 19:15
- Uriah the Prophet, Jeremiah 26:20-23
- Jeremiah used a scribe called Baruch, Jeremiah 36:1-32
- The book of Daniel, 1:1-21
- King Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream, Daniel 2:1-49
- The Scroll – one of Ezekiel’s messages, Ezekiel 2:1-10 & 3:1-21
- The Valley of Dry Bones, Ezekiel 37:1-14
- Jeremiah the Prophet of God is put down a well, Jeremiah 38:1-40:6
- Zedekiah the 20th King of Judah, 2 Chronicles 36:11-21, 2 Kings 24:17-25:30 and Jeremiah 52:1-34
- Jerusalem goes into captivity, 2 Kings 25:1-25
- Judah goes into Slavery to Babylon, 2 Chronicles 36:11-21
- Golden Image made by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, Daniel 3:1-12
- Fiery test in the Fiery Furnace, Daniel 3:13-30
- Daniel in the Lions Den, Daniel 6:1-28
- The prophet Zechariah 520BC-488?BC, Zechariah 1:1-13
- Temple rebuilt by Zerubbabel, Haggai 1:1-15 & 2:1-23
- Esther becomes the Queen of Persia, Esther 1:1-9
- Nehemiah rebuilds the walls, Nehemiah 2:1-10
- Ezra, Nehemiah 8:2-18 or Ezra 1:1-13:30
- Malachi a prophet of God, Malachi 1:1-4:6
- 400 Years, The gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Hasmonean Dynasty, This family stayed faithful to God
- A Roman Soldier representing the Roman Empire
- Herod the Great built a temple for the Jews
- Angel Gabriel God’s Messenger, Luke 1:26-38
- The cross a Roman method of killing people, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus – The author and giver of all faith
- The 20 Kings of Judah who ruled between – 931BC-586BC
- The 19 Kings of Israel who ruled between – 931BC-722BC
- Time Line for Divided Kingdom
- Background Information – Prophets and Kings
- Resources – Prophets and Kings
- Next Module – 400 years