Micah is called one of the twelve minor writing prophets. Because his book is a lot smaller than the prophets whose books contain more text and are know as the major prophets.
Micah prophesied around 735BC-700BC which was around the sane time as Isaiah 740BC-680BC.
The often quoted verse in the Gospels were Jesus was to be found by the Magi. As given to Herod the Great by the Sanhedrin is found In Micah 5:2.
Like Jonah Micah preached and prophesied changed history. Jonah to the city of Nineveh and Micah to the city of Jerusalem both cities got approximately an other hundred years of life because they repented and turned to the one true God.
God’s Coming Judgment
1:1 This message from the LORD came to Micah of Moresheth during the reigns of the Judean kings Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah concerning the vision he saw about Samaria and Jerusalem:
2 “Listen, people! All of you!
Earth! Pay attention, and all you inhabitants of it!
May the Lord GOD be a witness against you—
the Lord from his holy Temple.
3 Look here! The LORD is coming from his place!
He will come down
and will trample down the high places throughout the land.
4 The mountains will melt under him
and the valleys will split apart,
like wax in the presence of fire
and like water gushing down a steep incline.
5 All this comes about due to the transgression of Jacob,
and due to the sins of the house of Israel.
What is Jacob’s sin? It’s Samaria, isn’t it?
And what’s Judah’s high place? It’s Jerusalem, isn’t it?
6 “So I will turn Samaria into a mound of dirt in a field,
a place to plant vineyards.
And I will dump her building stones into the valley,
uncovering her foundation.
7 All of her carved images will be crushed to pieces,
all the earnings of her prostitution will be burned up,
and I will destroy all her idols;
because she collected the wages of prostitution,
and to the wages of prostitution they will return.”
Read the rest of the book of Micah.
Other modules in this unit:
- King Rehoboam first king of Judah, 1 Kings 11:41-12:24
- King Jeroboam first king for Israel, 1 kings 11:26-30
- King Asa – 3rd and Good king of Judah, 1 Kings 15:9-24
- King Nadab 2nd king of Israel, 1 Kings 15:25-28
- King Ahab becomes 7th King of Israel, 1 Kings 16:29-22:40
- The Widow of Zarephath received back her dead son back, 1 Kings 17:8-24
- Elijah the prophet on Mount Carmel, 1 Kings 18:1-46
- Queen Jezebel an evil queen, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Naboth’s family family vineyard and King Ahab, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Naboth’s family Vineyard, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Micaiah a man of God, prophesies against King Ahab, 1 Kings 22:1-28
- Elisha the prophet who took over from Elijah, 2 Kings 2:1-14
- Elisha’s second of 32 Miracles-Healing of the water, 2 Kings 2:19-22
- The miracle of the Widow’s oil, 2 Kings 4:1-7
- The Shunammite woman had her Son restored back to life, 2 Kings 4:8-37
- Naaman the man healed of Leprosy by Elisha the man of God, 2nd Kings 5:1-27
- Obadiah the prophet of God, Obadiah 1:1-9
- King Amaziah 9th and Good king of Judah, 2 Kings 14:1-20 & 2 Chronicles 25:1-28
- Jonah a Prophet of God and the Whale, Jonah 1:1-17 – 4:11
- King Hoshea last king of Israel was taken to Assyria, 2 Kings 17:1-6
- Israel Exiled As Slaves because of sin, 2 Kings 17:7-23
- Isaiah the prophet (739BC-680BC) wrote the book Isaiah, 2 Kings 18:1-20-21
- Micah the Prophet
- King Hezekiah was the the 13th King of Judah, 2 Kings 18:1-20:21 & 2 Chronicles 29:1-32:33
- King Hezekiah – sun went back, 2 Kings 20:1-11
- Jeremiah the prophet of God, Jeremiah 1:1-19
- Jeremiah visited the potters house, Jeremiah 18:1-17 & 19:15
- Uriah the prophet, Jeremiah 26:20-23
- Jeremiah used a scribe called Baruch, Jeremiah 36:1-32
- The book of Daniel, 1:1-21
- King Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream, Daniel 2:1-49
- The Scroll – one of Ezekiel’s messages, Ezekiel 2:1-10 & 3:1-21
- The valley of Dry Bones, Ezekiel 37:1-14
- Jeremiah the prophet of God is put down a well, Jeremiah 38:1-40:6
- Zedekiah 20th king of Judah, 2 Chronicles 36:11-21, 2 Kings 24:17-25:30 and Jeremiah 52:1-34
- Jerusalem goes into captivity, 2 Kings 25:1-25
- Judah goes into Slavery to Babylon, 2 Chronicles 36:11-21
- Golden Image made by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, Daniel 3:1-12
- Fiery test in the fiery furnace, Daniel 3:13-30
- Daniel in the Lions Den, Daniel 6:1-28
- Zechariah the prophet 520BC-488?BC, Zechariah 1:1-13
- Temple rebuilt by Zerubbabel, Haggai 1:1-15 & 2:1-23
- Esther becomes the Queen of Persia, Esther 1:1-9
- Nehemiah rebuilds the walls, Nehemiah 2:1-10
- Ezra, Nehemiah 8:2-18 or Ezra 1:1-13:30
- Malachi a prophet of God, Malachi 1:1-4:6
- 400 Years, The gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Hasmonean Dynasty, This family stayed faithful to God
- A Roman Solider representing the Roman Empire
- Herod the Great built a temple for the Jews
- Angel Gabriel God’s Messenger, Luke 1:26-38
- The cross a Roman method of killing people, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus – The author and giver of all faith
- The 20 Kings of Judah who ruled between – 931BC-586BC
- The 19 Kings of Israel who ruled between – 931BC-722BC
- Time Line for Divided Kingdom
- Background Information – Prophets and Kings
- Resources – Prophets and Kings
- Next Module – 400 years