848BC-841BC Obadiah 2 kings 8:16-24 and 2 Chronicles 21:1-20.
Obadiah comes after Naaman 2 Kings 5:1-27 and comes before Jonah 782BC-753BC.
Obadiah wrote about the time of 2 kings 8:16-24 and 2 chronicles 21:1-20
Wrote the book of Obadiah
Obadiah in Hebrew means: servant of Jah.
There are thirteen men named Obadiah in the Bible.
1:1 Obadiah’s vision:
This is what the Lord GOD has to say about Edom.
We have heard a report from the LORD,
and a messenger has been dispatched among the nations to say
“Get up! Let us rise up against her to fight!”
God’s Announcement to Edom
2 “Look! I will make you insignificant among the nations;
you will be utterly despised.
3 The arrogance in your heart has deceived you,
who inhabit hidden places on rocky cliffs,
whose dwelling is in the heights,
who say continuously to yourself,
‘Who will bring me down to the ground?’
4 Though you soar high like the eagle
and make your nest among the stars,
I will bring you down even from there,”
declares the LORD.
The Harvest from Edom’s Arrogance
5 “If thieves came against you,
if marauding gangs by night
—Oh, how you will be destroyed!—
Would they not steal only until they had enough?
If grape pickers came to you,
would they not leave some grapes to be gleaned?
6 “Oh, how Esau is ransacked,
how his hidden treasures are thoroughly searched out!
7 All your allies will force you out of the land,
your associates will deceive you and prevail against you.
Your friends will lay out a trap for you,
and you will never understand it!
8 “In that day,” declares the LORD,
“will I not destroy the wise from Edom,
and those with understanding from Esau’s Mountain?
9 Teman, our mighty soldiers will be dismayed,
so that every man from Esau’s Mountain will be slaughtered.”
also read the other 12 verses in the book of Obadiah
Other modules in this unit:
- King Rehoboam first king of Judah, 1 Kings 11:41-12:24
- King Jeroboam first king for Israel, 1 kings 11:26-30
- King Asa – 3rd and Good king of Judah, 1 Kings 15:9-24
- King Nadab 2nd king of Israel, 1 Kings 15:25-28
- King Ahab becomes 7th King of Israel, 1 Kings 16:29-22:40
- Queen Jezebel an evil queen, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- The Widow of Zarephath received back her dead son back, 1 Kings 17:8-24
- Elijah the prophet on Mount Carmel, 1 Kings 18:1-46
- Naboth’s family family vineyard and King Ahab, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Naboth’s family Vineyard, 1 Kings 21:1-29
- Micaiah a man of God, prophesies against King Ahab, 1 Kings 22:1-28
- Elisha the prophet who took over from Elijah, 2 Kings 2:1-14
- Elisha’s second of 32 Miracles-Healing of the water, 2 Kings 2:19-22
- The miracle of the Widow’s oil, 2 Kings 4:1-7
- The Shunammite woman had her Son restored back to life, 2 Kings 4:8-37
- Naaman the man healed of Leprosy by Elisha the man of God, 2nd Kings 5:1-27
- Obadiah the prophet of God, Obadiah 1:1-9
- King Amaziah 9th and Good king of Judah, 2 Kings 14:1-20 & 2 Chronicles 25:1-28
- Jonah a Prophet of God and the Whale, Jonah 1:1-17 – 4:11
- King Hoshea last king of Israel was taken to Assyria, 2 Kings 17:1-6
- Israel Exiled As Slaves because of sin, 2 Kings 17:7-23
- Isaiah the prophet (739BC-680BC) wrote the book Isaiah, 2 Kings 18:1-20-21
- Micah the Prophet
- King Hezekiah was the the 13th King of Judah, 2 Kings 18:1-20:21 & 2 Chronicles 29:1-32:33
- King Hezekiah – sun went back, 2 Kings 20:1-11
- Jeremiah the prophet of God, Jeremiah 1:1-19
- Jeremiah visited the potters house, Jeremiah 18:1-17 & 19:15
- Uriah the prophet, Jeremiah 26:20-23
- Jeremiah used a scribe called Baruch, Jeremiah 36:1-32
- The book of Daniel, 1:1-21
- King Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream, Daniel 2:1-49
- The Scroll – one of Ezekiel’s messages, Ezekiel 2:1-10 & 3:1-21
- The valley of Dry Bones, Ezekiel 37:1-14
- Jeremiah the prophet of God is put down a well, Jeremiah 38:1-40:6
- Zedekiah 20th king of Judah, 2 Chronicles 36:11-21, 2 Kings 24:17-25:30 and Jeremiah 52:1-34
- Jerusalem goes into captivity, 2 Kings 25:1-25
- Judah goes into Slavery to Babylon, 2 Chronicles 36:11-21
- Golden Image made by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, Daniel 3:1-12
- Fiery test in the fiery furnace, Daniel 3:13-30
- Daniel in the Lions Den, Daniel 6:1-28
- Zechariah the prophet 520BC-488?BC, Zechariah 1:1-13
- Temple rebuilt by Zerubbabel, Haggai 1:1-15 & 2:1-23
- Esther becomes the Queen of Persia, Esther 1:1-9
- Nehemiah rebuilds the walls, Nehemiah 2:1-10
- Ezra, Nehemiah 8:2-18 or Ezra 1:1-13:30
- Malachi a prophet of God, Malachi 1:1-4:6
- 400 Years, The gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Hasmonean Dynasty, This family stayed faithful to God
- A Roman Solider representing the Roman Empire
- Herod the Great built a temple for the Jews
- Angel Gabriel God’s Messenger, Luke 1:26-38
- The cross a Roman method of killing people, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus – The author and giver of all faith
- The 20 Kings of Judah who ruled between – 931BC-586BC
- The 19 Kings of Israel who ruled between – 931BC-722BC
- Time Line for Divided Kingdom
- Background Information – Prophets and Kings
- Resources – Prophets and Kings
- Next Module – 400 years