Revelation 9:13-21. The sixth Trumpet released 200 million soldiers for war.
Also, at the blowing of the 6th Trumpet, the Euphrates river dried up.
The trumpet referred to here was a shofar, which is a ram’s horn, which the Jews used for religious purposes and for warfare.
Notice those who were not following the Lamb of God did not change their ways even though they were in pain.
John described some unusual type of horse or war machine or spiritual thing that is allowed by God to kill a third of mankind.
The Vision of the Sixth Trumpet
9:13 When the sixth angel blew his trumpet, I heard a voice from the four horns of the gold altar in front of God. 14 It told the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are held at the great Euphrates River.” 15 So the four angels who were ready for that hour, day, month, and year were released to kill one-third of humanity. 16 The number of cavalry troops was 200,000,000. I heard how many there were.
17 This was how I saw the horses in my vision: The riders wore breastplates that had the color of fire, sapphire, and sulfur. The heads of the horses were like lions’ heads, and fire, smoke, and sulfur came out of their mouths. 18 By these three plagues—the fire, the smoke, and the sulfur that came out of their mouths—one-third of humanity was killed. 19 For the power of these horses is in their mouths and their tails. Their tails have heads like snakes, which they use to inflict pain.
20 The rest of the people who survived these plagues did not repent from their evil actions or stop worshiping demons and idols made of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see, hear, or walk. 21 They did not repent from their murders, their witchcraft, their sexual immorality, or their thefts.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Book of Revelation
- Jesus coming back in the clouds
- John on the Island of Patmos
- Seven Churches
- The Eightfold characteristics of the Son of Man
- Jesus holds the keys
- First Church, Ephesus; The Tree of Life
- Second Church, Smyrna; Satan
- Third Church, Pergamum; Manna
- 4th Church, Thyatira; Morning Star
- Fifth Church, Sardis; White robes
- 6th Church, Philadelphia; Holy City
- 7th Church, Laodicea; Door to your Heart
- The Throne of God in Heaven
- The Scroll and the Lamb
- 1st seal – the white horse and rider
- The Second Seal – the Red Horse
- Third Seal – The black horse
- The 4th Seal: the pale or green horse
- 5th Seal – White Robes
- The 6th Seal, Blackness
- 144,000 Jewish emissaries
- Believers in White Robes holding palm branches
- Jesus opens the Seventh Seal
- Angel with the Golden Censer
- 1st Trumpet – Hail and fire mixed with blood
- The second Trumpet or second Shofar
- The Judgment of the Third trumpet or Shofar
- The Judgment of the Fourth Trumpet or 4th Shofar
- The first Horror or the Vision of the Eagle Flying
- The Fifth Trumpet or fifth Shofar
- The Second Horror, calamity, terror
- The Sixth Trumpet or Sixth Shofar released 200 million soldiers for war
- The Angel
- The Little Scroll
- 1260 Days of the Gentiles
- 1260 Days of the Two Witnesses
- The Two Witnesses of God
- The Seventh Trumpet or Shofar sounds
- The announcement of the third horror
- Questions and Answers 1 to 21
- Questions and Answers 22-42
- The book of Revelation Part Two » »