Two Witnesses who preached about Jesus for 1260 days in Jerusalem were then killed and came back to life.
While they preached if any one tried to harm them they got burnt and they had the power to stop the rain, turn water to blood and strike the earth with plagues.
At the end they killed by the beast and after three and half days and were raised by God’s power and then terror struck the people who saw them alive again.
The people of the world looked on the two witness while they were dead. This can be done how we have TV, Internet and cell phones etc.
Who are they – maybe: Moses and Ezekiel or you may have a guess and you may be more right than we are.
The Vision of the Two Witnesses
11:1 Then I was given a stick like a measuring rod. I was told, “Stand up and measure the Temple of God and the altar, and count those who worship there. 2 But don’t measure the courtyard outside the Temple. Leave that out, because it is given to the nations, and they will trample the Holy City for 42 months. 3 I will give my two witnesses who wear sackcloth the authority to prophesy for 1,260 days.”
4 These witnesses are the two olive trees and the two lamp stands standing in the presence of the Lord of the earth. 5 And if anyone should want to hurt them, fire comes out of their mouths and burns up their enemies. If anyone wants to hurt them, he must be killed in this manner. 6 These witnesses have authority to close the heavens in order to keep rain from falling while they are prophesying. They also have authority to turn bodies of water into blood and to strike the earth with any plague, as often as they desire.
7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the bottomless pit will wage war against them, conquer them, and kill them. 8 Their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified. 9 For three and a half days some members of the peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will look at their dead bodies and will not allow them to be placed in a tomb. 10 Those living on earth will gloat over them, celebrate, and send gifts to each other, because these two prophets had tormented those living on earth.
The Resurrection of the Witnesses
11 But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet. Those who watched them were terrified. 12 Then the witnesses heard a loud voice from heaven calling to them, “Come up here!” So they went up to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them. 13 At that moment a powerful earthquake struck. One-tenth of the city collapsed, 7,000 people were killed by the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Book of Revelation, Revelation 1:1-6
- Jesus coming back from the Clouds, Revelation 1:4-8
- John on the Island of Patmos, Revelation 1:9-11
- Seven Churches, Revelation 1:9-11 and 1:4
- The Eight fold characteristics of the son of man, Revelation 1:12-20
- Jesus holds the keys, Revelation 1:17-18
- First Church, Ephesus; The Tree of Life, Revelation 2:1-7
- Second Church, Smyrna; Satan, Revelation 2:8-11
- Third church, Pergamum; Manna, Revelation 2:12-17
- Fourth church, Thyatira; Morning Star, Revelation 2:18-29
- Fifth Church, Sardis; White robes, Revelation 3:1-6
- 6th church, Philadelphia; Holy City, Revelation 3:7-13
- 7th Church, Laodicea; Door to your Heart, Revelation 3:14-22
- The Throne of God in Heaven, Revelation 4:1-11
- The Scroll and the Lamb, Revelation 5:1-14
- 1st seal – the white horse and rider, Revelation 6:1-2
- The Second seal – the Red Horse, Revelation 6:3-4
- 3rd Seal – The black horse, Revelation 6:5-6
- The Fourth Seal: the pale or green horse, Revelation 6:7-8
- 5th Seal – White Robes, Revelation 6:9-11
- 6th Seal, Blackness, Revelation 6:12-17
- 1444,000 Jewish missionaries, Revelation 7:1-8
- Believers in white Robes holding palm branches, Revelation 7:9-17
- Jesus opens the Seventh Seal, Revelation 8:1
- Angel with the Golden Censer, Revelation 8:3-6
- 1st Trumpet – Hail and fire mixed with blood, Revelation 8:7
- The second Trumpet or second Shofar, Revelation 8:8-9
- The Judgment of the Third trumpet or Shofar, Revelation 8:10-11
- The Judgment of the Fourth Trumpet or 4th Shofar, Revelation 8:12
- The first Horror, Revelation 8:13
- The Fifth Trumpet or fifth Shofar, Revelation 9:1-12
- The Second Horror, horrors, calamity, terror, Revelation 9:13 to 11:14
- Sixth Trumpet or sixth Shofar released 200 million soldiers for war, Revelation 9:13-21
- The Angel, Revelation 10:1-7
- The Little Scroll, Revelation 10:8-11
- 1260 Days of the Gentiles, Revelation 11:1-2
- 1260 Days of the Two Witnesses, Revelation 11:3-6
- The Two Witnesses of God, Revelation 11:1-14
- Earthquake, Revelation 11:13-14
- The Seventh Trumpet or shofar sounds, Revelation 11:15-18
- Announcement of the third horror, Revelation 12:10-12
- The Ark of God, Revelation 11:19
- Questions and Answers to questions 1 to 44 inclusive
- The book of Revelation Part Two – Click Here
- Background Information – Revelation Part One
- Resources – Revelation Part One