1 Kings 15:25-28. King Nadab was the second King of Israel. Ruled 910/09BC-909/08BC=2 years. The son of King Jeroboam.
Death was by being murdered by Baasha while they were at war with the Philistines.
Baasha after having killed Nadab became the next king of Israel.
Nadab in Hebrew means: liberal, generous.
Nadab King of Israel
15:25 Jeroboam’s son Nadab became king over Israel during the second year of the reign of King Asa over Judah. He reigned over Israel for two years, 26 practicing what the LORD considered to be evil, living the way his father did, committing sins, and leading Israel to sin. 27 So Ahijah’s son Baasha from the household of Issachar conspired against him and killed Nadab at Gibbethon in Philistia while Nadab and all of Israel were attacking Gibbethon. 28 Baasha killed him during the third year of the reign of King Asa of Judah and took Nadab’s place as king.
29 As soon as he was established as king, he killed everyone in the household of Jeroboam. He left not even one single person alive. He destroyed them completely, just as the LORD had spoken through his servant Ahijah the Shilonite, 39 because of the sins that Jeroboam had committed, and because he led Israel into sin, provoking the LORD God of Israel to become angry.
31 Now the rest of Nadab’s accomplishments, including everything he undertook, are written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Israel, are they not? 32Meanwhile, a state of war continued to exist between Asa and Baasha king of Israel, throughout their reigns.
1 Kings 15:25-31
Other modules in this unit:
- King Jeroboam the first King of the House of Israel
- King Nadab the 2nd King of Israel
- King Baasha the 3rd King of Israel
- King Elah the 4th King of Israel
- King Zimri the 5th King of Israel
- King Omri the 6th King of Israel
- King Ahab the 7th King of Israel
- King Ahaziah the 8th King of Israel
- King Jehoram the 9th King of Israel
- King Jehu the 10th King of Israel
- King Jehoahaz the 11th King of Israel
- King Jehoash the 12th King of Israel
- King Jeroboam 2nd the 13th King of Israel
- King Zechariah the 14th King of Israel
- King Shallum the 15th King of Israel
- King Menahem the 16th King of Israel
- King Pekahiah the 17th King of Israel
- King Pekah the 18th King of Israel
- King Hoshea the 19th and last King of Israel
- Questions and Answers 1-19
- The 19 Kings of Israel – 931BC-722BC = 209 years
- Timeline of the Kings of Israel
- Next Module – Prophets and Kings » »