2 Kings 15:22-26. King Pekahiah ruled in Samaria for two years. He sinned against the Lord and led Israel into sin. Pekah an army officer with fifty men of Gilead assassinated King Pekahiah and succeeded him as king.
Pekahiah was the son of the previous king, King Menahem.
Remember that Jesus was to come from the line of Judah so what happened in the northern Kingdom of Israel could not affect this.
Pekahiah in Hebrew means: YHWH has opened the eyes.
King Pekahiah – 17th King of Israel
15:23 Menahem’s son Pekahiah became king over Israel for two years during the fiftieth year of the reign of King Azariah of Judah. 24 He did what the LORD considered to be evil. Just as Nebat’s son Jeroboam had led Israel into sin, so also Pekahiah did not stop doing the same thing. 25 Then Remaliah’s son Pekah, Pekahiah’s officer, conspired against him with Argob and Arieh. Accompanied by 50 Gileadite men, Pekah attacked Pekahiah inside the palace of the king’s compound in Samaria, executed him, and reigned as king in his place.
26 The rest of Pekahiah’s activities, including everything he did, are written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Israel.
2 Kings 15:23-26
Other modules in this unit:
- King Jeroboam the first King of the House of Israel
- King Nadab the 2nd King of Israel
- King Baasha the 3rd King of Israel
- King Elah the 4th King of Israel
- King Zimri the 5th King of Israel
- King Omri the 6th King of Israel
- King Ahab the 7th King of Israel
- King Ahaziah the 8th King of Israel
- King Jehoram the 9th King of Israel
- King Jehu the 10th King of Israel
- King Jehoahaz the 11th King of Israel
- King Jehoash the 12th King of Israel
- King Jeroboam 2nd the 13th King of Israel
- King Zechariah the 14th King of Israel
- King Shallum the 15th King of Israel
- King Menahem the 16th King of Israel
- King Pekahiah the 17th King of Israel
- King Pekah the 18th King of Israel
- King Hoshea the 19th and last King of Israel
- The 19 Kings of Israel – 931BC-722BC = 209 years
- Timeline of the Kings of Israel
- Next Module – Prophets and Kings » »