2 Kings 18:1-20:21. Isaiah the Prophet (739BC-680BC) wrote the book Isaiah and his name appears in a number of other books.
Isaiah prophesied in Judah during the reigns of Kings Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah.
He was murdered by King Hezekiah’s son King Manasseh.
Isaiah in Hebrew means: Yahweh is savior.
The Vision of Isaiah
1:1 This is the vision that Amoz’s son Isaiah had about Judah and Jerusalem during the reigns of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
2 Listen, you heavens,
and let the earth pay attention,
because the LORD has spoken:
“I reared children
and brought them to adulthood,
but then they rebelled against me.
Also read: 2 Kings 18:1-20:21.
Also read: Book of ISAIAH 1:1-66:24.
Further reading: 2 Kings 14:1-20:21.
Further reading: 2 Chronicles 26:1-32:33.
Isaiah in Hebrew means: Yahweh is savior – 739BC- 680BC. He was of the Tribe of Judah and his wife was a prophetess.
Isaiah wrote the book, Isaiah.
The prophet Micah of Moresheth who wrote the book of Micah lived and prophesied about this time.
Other modules in this unit:
- King Rehoboam the first King of Judah
- King Jeroboam the first King of the House of Israel
- King Asa the 3rd and a Good King of Judah
- King Nadab the 2nd King of Israel
- King Ahab becomes the 7th King of Israel
- The Widow of Zarephath received back her dead son
- Elijah the prophet on Mount Carmel
- Queen Jezebel an evil queen
- Naboth’s family Vineyard
- Naboth’s family vineyard and King Ahab
- Micaiah a man of God, prophesies against King Ahab
- Elisha the prophet who took over from Elijah
- Elisha’s second of 32 Miracles-Healing of the water
- The miracle of the Widow’s oil
- The Shunammite woman had her Son restored back to life
- Naaman the man healed of Leprosy by Elisha the man of God
- Obadiah the prophet of God
- King Amaziah the 9th and a Good King of Judah
- Jonah a Prophet of God and the Whale
- The prophet Hosea
- King Hoshea the last King of Israel was taken to Assyria
- Israel Exiled As Slaves because of sin
- Isaiah the Prophet (739BC-680BC) wrote the book Isaiah
- Micah the Prophet
- King Hezekiah was the 13th King of Judah
- King Hezekiah – the sun goes backward
- Jeremiah the prophet of God
- Jeremiah visited the potter’s house
- Uriah the Prophet
- Jeremiah used a scribe called Baruch
- The book of Daniel
- King Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream
- The Scroll – one of Ezekiel’s messages
- The Valley of Dry Bones
- Jeremiah the Prophet of God is put down a well
- Zedekiah the 20th King of Judah
- Jerusalem goes into captivity
- Judah goes into Slavery to Babylon
- Golden Image made by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon
- Fiery test in the Fiery Furnace
- Daniel in the Lions Den
- The prophet Zechariah 520BC-488?BC
- Temple rebuilt by Zerubbabel
- Esther becomes the Queen of Persia
- Nehemiah rebuilds the walls
- Malachi a prophet of God
- 400 Years – the gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Hasmonean Dynasty, This family stayed faithful to God
- A Roman Soldier representing the Roman Empire in the restored Israel
- King Herod the Great built a temple for the Jews
- Angel Gabriel God’s Messenger
- The cross a Roman method of killing people
- Jesus – The author and giver of all faith
- The 20 Kings of Judah who ruled between – 931BC-586BC
- The 19 Kings of Israel who ruled between – 931BC-722BC
- Time Line for Divided Kingdom
- Background Information – Prophets and Kings
- Resources – Prophets and Kings
- Next Module – 400 years