SEVEN DAYS OF CREATION
The Book of Genesis which is the first book of the bible starts with the Creation of the world.
God is the creator of our world.
Genesis is also called the book of beginnings which is its Hebrew name.
Genesis is the first book of the Law or Torah which consists of the first five books of the Bible.
GENESIS 1:1-2:4 – UNDATED PAST
创世纪 1:1-2:4－ 无日期的过去
The Beginning – Undated Past
1:1In the beginning, God created the universe. 2When the earth was as yet unformed and desolate, with the surface of the ocean depths shrouded in darkness, and while the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters, 3God said, “Let there be light!” So there was light.
4God saw that the light was beautiful. He separated the light from the darkness, 5calling the light “day,” and the darkness “night.” The twilight and the dawn were day one.
6Then God said, “Let there be a canopy between bodies of water,i separating bodies of water from bodies of water!” 7So God made a canopy that separated the water beneath the canopy from the water above it. And that is what happened: 8God called the canopy “sky.” The twilight and the dawn were the second day.
9Then God said, “Let the water beneath the sky come together into one area, and let dry ground appear!” And that is what happened: 10God called the dry ground “land,” and he called the water that had come together “oceans.” And God saw how good it was.
11Then God said, “Let vegetation sprout all over the earth, including seed-bearing plants and fruit trees, each kind containing its own seed!” And that is what happened: 12Vegetation sprouted all over the earth, including seed-bearing plants and fruit trees, each kind containing its own seed. And God saw that it was good. 13The twilight and the dawn were the third day.
14Then God said, “Let there be lights across the sky to distinguish day from night, to act as signs for seasons, days, and years, 15to serve as lights in the sky, and to shine on the earth!” And that is what happened: 16God fashioned two great lights—the larger light to shine during the day and the smaller light to shine during the night—as well as stars. 17God placed them in space to shine on the earth, 18to differentiate between day and night, and to distinguish light from darkness. And God saw how good it was. 19The twilight and the dawn were the fourth day.
20Then God said, “Let the oceans swarm with living creatures, and let flying creatures soar above the earth throughout the sky!” 21So God created every kind of magnificent marine creature, every kind of living marine crawler with which the waters swarmed, and every kind of flying creature. And God saw how good it was. 22God blessed them by saying, “Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the oceans. Let the birds multiply throughout the earth!” 23The twilight and the dawn were the fifth day.
24Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth each kind of living creature, each kind of livestock and crawling thing, and each kind of earth’s animals!” And that is what happened: 25God made each kind of the earth’s animals, along with every kind of livestock and crawling thing. And God saw how good it was.
26Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, to be like us. Let them be masters over the fish in the ocean, the birds that fly,ll the livestock, everything that crawls on the earth, and over the earth itself!”
27So God created mankind in his own image;
in his own image God created them;
he created them male and female.
28God blessed the humans by saying to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it! Be masters over the fish in the ocean, the birds that fly, and every living thing that crawls on the earth!”
29God also told them, “Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant that grows throughout the earth, along with every tree that grows seed-bearing fruit. They will produce your food. 30I have given all green plants as food for every wild animal of the earth, every bird that flies, and to every living thing that crawls on the earth.” And that is what happened.
31Now God saw all that he had made, and indeed, it was very good! The twilight and the dawn were the sixth day.
2:1With this the heavens and the earth were completed, including all of their vast array. 2By the seventh day God had completed the work he had been doing, so on the seventh day he stopped working on everything that he had done. 3Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God stopped working on everything that he had been creating.
Also read: Exodus 20:11
创造世界的七天 – SEVEN DAYS OF CREATION
开端 – The Beginning
1:1 起 初 神 创 造 天 地 。
在本单位其他模块： - Other modules in this unit:
- 一切的起源, 史前时代, 创 1:1-2 – The beginning, Undated Past, Genesis 1:1-2
- 七天的创造, 创 1:1-2:4 – Seven Days of Creation, Genesis 1:1-2:4
- 圣经清楚记载亚当是第一个被创造的人, 创 1:26-2:25 – Adam
- 夏娃-第一个女人 – Eve the first woman, Genesis 1:1-6
- 该隐是亚伯的哥哥， 创世记 4:1-18 – Cain the older brother of Able, Genesis 4:1-18
- 亚伯 Abel – Genesis 4:1-16
- 赛特在耶稣的家谱里4: 25-26 – Seth is in the family tree of Jesus, Genesis 4:25-26
- 以诺没有死，创世记 5:21-24 – Enoch did not die, Genesis 5:21-24
- 从亚当到挪亚相隔了1100年, 创士记 5:1-32 – 1100 Years gap Between Adam and Noah, Genesis 5:1-32
- 挪亚建造方舟 – Noah built an Ark , Genesis 6:8-22
- 挪亚造方舟， 创世纪 6:9-9:28 – Noah builds an Ark, Genesis 6:9-9:28
- 巴别塔，创世记 11:1-9 – The Tower Of Babel, Genesis 11:1-9
- 挪亚与亚伯拉罕之间相隔400年, 创世纪 11:10-32 – 400 years between Noah and Abraham, Genesis 11:10-32
- 亚伯拉罕是万国之父，创世纪 12:1-25:11 – Abraham the father of nations, Genesis chapters 12:1-25:11
- 撒拉, 创世记 11:29-23:20 – Sarah, Genesis 11:29-23:20
- 亚伯拉罕救了罗得。创世记 14:1-17 – Abram Rescues Lot, Genesis 14:1-17
- 麦基洗德是撒冷王， 创世纪 14:18-20 – Melchizedek was the King of Salem, Genesis 14:18-20
- 以实玛利是夏甲和亚伯拉罕的儿子，创世记 16:1-17:27 – Ishmael and Hagar, Genesis 16:1-17:27
- 以撒, 创世纪 21章1-7节 – Isaac, Genesis 21:1-7
- 夏甲是埃及法老给亚伯拉罕的使女，创世记 21:8-21 – Hagar an Egyptian slave given to Abraham by the Pharaoh of Egypt, Genesis 21:8-21
- 以撒和百加，创世记 24:1-66 – Isaac and Rebekah, Genesis 24:1-66
- 以扫. 创世纪25章19-34节 – Esau, Genesis 25:19-34
- 雅各, 创世纪 25章20-26节 – Jacob, Genesis 25:20-26
- 亚比米勒王和以撒, 创世记 26:1-35 – King Abimelech and Isaac, Genesis 26:1-35
- Genesis Part Two