The time gap between Malachi the last book of the Old Testament and Matthew the first of the gospels.
God did not speak to His people Israel via anything written by the prophets of the time is recoding at this time.
Daniel in Daniel 11 prophesied about this 400 years and maybe other prophets.
Men and women who followed the ways of God lived all during this time. Some of the names that have survived over the years are: Anna the prophetess in Luke 2:36-38, The Family of the Maccabees and there were others.
400 Year gap – the time gap between Malachi the last book of the Old Testament and Matthew the first of the gospels.
Other modules in this unit:
- Start of the 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Alexander the Great
- Antiochus IV Epiphanes
- Hasmonean Dynasty, This family stayed faithful to God
- Temple built by Zerubbabel is purified and rededicated
- High Priest
- High Priest – John Hyrcanus II
- Roman Soldier
- Herod the Great, Matthew 2:16-18
- Temple Built By Herod The Great
- End 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- John the Baptist Suffered wearing sheepskins, Luke 1:5-25
- The Angel Gabriel Talks To Mary, Luke 1:26-38
- Jesus A Newly Born Baby, Luke 2:1-7 & Matthew 1:18-25
- Jesus the Man
- The death of Jesus on the cross, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus is coming from the cloud
- Next Module – The Birth of Jesus » »
- Time Line for 400 years
- Background Information: 400 Silent Years
- Resources: 400 Years