Alexander the Great in a few short years ruled a very large empire.
He came to the throne in 336BC at the age of 19 and died thirteen years later in Babylon at the age of 32 in 323BC.
Alexander brought Greek colonists and culture to the East, which is still seen in these countries to this day. With Aristotle he established Koine Greek so everyone spoke and wrote the same Greek.
After his death, his empire was split into four regions.
In Daniel 7 Alexander is represented by the Bear and in Daniel 8 by the He-Goat single horn.
Check out Daniel 11 and what it says about the 400 year period.
Other slides in this module:
- Start of the 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Alexander the Great
- Antiochus IV Epiphanes
- Hasmonean Dynasty. This family stayed faithful to God
- Temple built by Zerubbabel is purified and rededicated
- High Priest
- High Priest – John Hyrcanus II
- Roman Soldier
- King Herod the Great
- Temple Built By King Herod the Great
- End of the 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- John the Baptist suffered wearing sheepskins
- The Angel Gabriel Talks To Mary
- Jesus A Newly Born Baby
- Jesus the Man
- The death of Jesus on the cross
- Jesus is coming from the cloud
- Questions and Answers 1-17
- Next Module – The Birth of Jesus » »
- Time Line for 400 years
- Background Information: 400 Years
- Resources: 400 Years