The time gap between Malachi, the last book of the Old Testament, and Matthew, the first of the Gospels.
God did not give His people Israel any message by a prophet during this time that has been recorded in the Bible.
Daniel in Daniel 11 prophesied about this 400 years and maybe other prophets did also.
There were men and women who followed the ways of God living all during this time. Some of the names that have survived from these years include: Anna the prophetess (Luke 2:36-38), the family of the Maccabees and others.
400 Year gap – the time gap between Malachi, the last book of the Old Testament, and Matthew , the first of the Gospels.
Other slides in this module:
- Start of the 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Alexander the Great
- Antiochus IV Epiphanes
- Hasmonean Dynasty. This family stayed faithful to God
- Temple built by Zerubbabel is purified and rededicated
- High Priest
- High Priest – John Hyrcanus II
- Roman Soldier
- King Herod the Great
- Temple Built By King Herod the Great
- End of the 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- John the Baptist suffered wearing sheepskins
- The Angel Gabriel Talks To Mary
- Jesus A Newly Born Baby
- Jesus the Man
- The death of Jesus on the cross
- Jesus is coming from the cloud
- Questions and Answers 1-17
- Next Module – The Birth of Jesus » »
- Time Line for 400 years
- Background Information: 400 Years
- Resources: 400 Years