Antiochus IV Epiphanes ruled the Seleucid Empire from 175 BC until his death suddenly dieing of disease in 164 BC.
Antiochus IV Epiphanes created a problem when he put a pig in the Temple 167 BC.
He killed over a three day period in Jerusalem forty thousand people and sold as slaves forty thousand people.
Antiochus IV Epiphanes name means: manifestation of the god.
Other modules in this unit:
- Start of the 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Alexander the Great
- Antiochus IV Epiphanes
- Hasmonean Dynasty, This family stayed faithful to God
- Temple built by Zerubbabel is purified and rededicated
- High Priest
- John Hyrcanus II
- Roman Soldier
- Herod the Great, Matthew 2:16-18
- Temple Built By Herod The Great
- End 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- The Angel Gabriel Talks To Mary, Luke 1:26-38
- Jesus A Newly Born Baby, Luke 2:1-7 & Matthew 1:18-25
- John the Baptist Suffered wearing sheepskins, Luke 1:5-25
- Jesus the Man
- The death of Jesus on the cross, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus is coming from the cloud
- Next Module – The Birth of Jesus
- Time Line for 400 years
- Background Information: 400 Silent Years
- Resources: 400 Years