Antiochus IV Epiphanes ruled the Seleucid Empire from 175 BC until his death, suddenly dying of disease in 164 BC.
Antiochus IV Epiphanes created a problem when he put a pig in the Temple 167 BC.
Over a three-day period he killed forty thousand people in Jerusalem and sold forty thousand people as slaves.
The name Epiphanes means: manifestation of the god.
Other modules in this unit:
- Start of the 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Alexander the Great
- Antiochus IV Epiphanes
- Hasmonean Dynasty. This family stayed faithful to God
- Temple built by Zerubbabel is purified and rededicated
- High Priest
- High Priest – John Hyrcanus II
- Roman Soldier
- King Herod the Great
- Temple Built By King Herod the Great
- End of the 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- John the Baptist suffered wearing sheepskins
- The Angel Gabriel Talks To Mary
- Jesus A Newly Born Baby
- Jesus the Man
- The death of Jesus on the cross
- Jesus is coming from the cloud
- Questions and Answers 1-17
- Next Module – The Birth of Jesus » »
- Time Line for 400 years
- Background Information: 400 Years
- Resources: 400 Years