The Temple built by Zerubbabel was purified 14th December 164BC. From this act of dedication, we have the Feast of Lights or the Feast of dedication also known as Hanukkah.
Zerubbabel had this temple built in 516BC and lasted until 70BC.
Herod remolded this temple during his reign.
Zerubbabel in Hebrew means: offspring of Babylon.
Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel from the tribe of Judah was the governor of Jerusalem and Joshua the son of Jehozadak was the high priest.
Other modules in this unit:
- Start of the 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Alexander the Great
- Antiochus IV Epiphanes
- Hasmonean Dynasty, This family stayed faithful to God
- Temple built by Zerubbabel is purified and rededicated
- High Priest
- High Priest – John Hyrcanus II
- Roman Soldier
- Herod the Great, Matthew 2:16-18
- Temple Built By King Herod the Great
- End 400 Year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- John the Baptist Suffered wearing sheepskins, Luke 1:5-25
- The Angel Gabriel Talks To Mary, Luke 1:26-38
- Jesus A Newly Born Baby, Luke 2:1-7 & Matthew 1:18-25
- Jesus the Man
- The death of Jesus on the cross, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus is coming from the cloud
- Next Module – The Birth of Jesus » »
- Time Line for 400 years
- Background Information: 400 Silent Years
- Resources: 400 Years