1. You shall not murder.
2. You shall not commit adultery.
3. You shall not steal.
4. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
5. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife,
or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey,
or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
Last Five of the Ten Commandments
And God spoke all these words:
13 “You are not to commit murder.
14 “You are not to commit adultery.
15 “You are not to steal.
16 “You are not to testify falsely against your neighbor.
17 “You are not to covet your neighbor’s house. You are not to covet your neighbor’s wife, his male or female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
also read: Exodus 34:1-35, Deuteronomy 5:1-21
Other modules in this unit:
- Life of Moses – Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy
- 300 year gap between Joseph and Moses, Exodus 1:1-14
- First 40 years of the life of Moses, Exodus 2:1-15
- Thutmose 1 the Pharaoh or king of Egypt, Exodus 1:1-22
- Miriam kept eye on Moses after he had been placed as a baby in a boat, Exodus 2:1-10
- Second set of 40 years, Exodus 2:11 – 7:7
- God spoke to Moses out of a burning bush, Exodus 3:1-3
- Moses was asked to take off his sandals by God, Exodus 3:4-22 & 4:1-17
- The third set of 40 years, Exodus 7:8-13 – Deuteronomy 34:12
- Aaron’s Staff Becomes A Snake, Exodus 7:8-13
- The ten plagues in Egypt, Exodus 7:14-12:30
- First born die, Exodus 11:1-10
- Passover commemorates the Exodus from Egypt, Exodus 12:1-51 & 13:1-16
- Moses the friend of God
- Pillar of Cloud by Day, Exodus 13:20-22
- Pillar of fire by night, Exodus 13:20-22
- The Chariots of the Egyptian army, Exodus 14:1-31
- Moses crosses the Red Sea, Exodus 14:1-31
- Moses’ older sister Miriam sings a song, Exodus 15:1-21
- Waters of Marah and Elim, Exodus 15:22-27
- Manna means ‘What Is It’?, Exodus 16:1-36
- Water From The Rock at Massah, Exodus 17:1-7
- Moses at Mount Sinai, Exodus 19:1-25
- The Ten Commandments or 10 Laws of God, Exodus 20:1-17
- The Three Annual Feasts, Exodus 23:14-19
- The Feast of Passover, Numbers 28:16-31
- Feast of Weeks or Pentecost, Numbers 28:26-31
- Feast of trumpets or Feast of Shofars, Numbers 29:1-40
- The Golden Calf the idol made by Aaron, Exodus 32:1-35
- Moses with the New Stone Tablets, Exodus 34:1-35
- 1st five of the Ten commandments, Exodus 20:1-12
- 2nd five of the Ten Commandments, Exodus 20:1-21
- Ark of God – Exodus 25:10-22 & 37:1-9
- The High Priest of Israel, Exodus 39:1-31
- Tabernacle, Exodus 39:32-43 & 40:1-38
- Aaron and Miriam oppose Moses, Numbers 12:1-16
- Exploring Canaan by 12 spies, Numbers 13:1-33
- 37 years in the wilderness, Numbers 14:33-34
- Aaron’s Rod that budded, Numbers 17:1-13
- Speak to the Rock “Give Water”, Numbers 20:1-13
- Death of Aaron, Numbers 20:22-29
- The Bronze Snake, Numbers 21:4-9
- Balak Summons Balaam, Numbers 22:1-24:25
- Six cities of Refuge for Israel, Numbers 35:1-34 & Deuteronomy 4:41-43
- Moses Blesses the Tribes with Three Sermons, Deuteronomy 33:1-29
- Moses lived for 120 years, Deuteronomy 34:1-12
- Caleb was the son of Jephunneh, Numbers 14:26-38
- Joshua – The Fall of Jericho, Joshua 5:13-15 & 6:1-27
- Time Line for Life of Moses
- Background Information – Life of Moses
- Next Module – Judges
- Resources – Life of Moses
- The Jewish Festival of Sukkot
- Yom Kippur, means “Day of Atonement”
- Rosh Hashanah or Yom Teruah (The Day of the Sounding of Shofar)