Moses by faith led the people of God by following the cloud by day and the fire by night for nearly the next forty years, while God led them to the promised land in Israel.
The life of Moses is found in Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy and one other book.
MOSES 1525BC- 1405BC, Red Sea 1445BC, Tabernacle 1444BC, and his death in 1405BC.
Which book of the Torah is missing from this list?- GENESIS, EXODUS, NUMBERS, and DEUTERONOMY.
Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible and he often acted as the mediator between God and the people of Israel.
Background reading: the books of EXODUS, NUMBERS and DEUTERONOMY.
Moses is the main thread throughout these four books and Gods dealing with him and the Hebrew people using Moses as the go-between.
Which books have been left out the list of the Torah above?
Moses in Hebrew means: to draw or drawn out :- as in the Pharaoh’s daughter drew him out of the water.
Adopted by Pharaoh’s daughter, and was trained as a future Pharaoh of Egypt.
As a great Egyptian General, he won many battles for Egypt.
Moses’ name in Hebrew means: drawn out.
Moses was more famous than his parents.
Some of his life had parallels with Jesus.
He was the leader and Lawgiver of Israel.
Other modules in this unit:
- Life of Moses – Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy
- 300-year gap between Joseph and Moses
- First 40 years of the life of Moses
- Thutmose I, the Pharaoh or king of Egypt
- Miriam kept eye on Moses after he had been placed as a baby in a boat
- Second set of 40 years
- God spoke to Moses out of a burning bush
- Moses was asked to take off his sandals by God
- The third set of 40 years
- Aaron’s Staff becomes a Snake
- The ten plagues of Egypt
- Ninth plague – Darkness
- Tenth plague – Firstborn die
- Passover commemorates the Exodus from Egypt
- Moses the friend of God
- Pillar of Cloud by Day
- Pillar of fire by night
- The Chariots of the Egyptian army
- Moses crosses the Red Sea
- Moses’ older sister Miriam sings a song
- Waters of Marah and Elim
- Manna means ‘What Is It?’
- Water from The Rock at Massah
- Moses at Mount Sinai
- The Ten Commandments or Ten Words of God
- The Three Annual Feasts of God
- The Feast of Passover
- Feast of Weeks or Pentecost
- Feast of Trumpets or Feast of Shofars
- The Golden Calf, the idol made by Aaron
- Moses with the New Stone Tablets
- 1st five of the Ten Commandments
- 2nd five of the Ten Commandments
- Ark of God
- The High Priest of Israel
- Tabernacle of God
- Aaron and Miriam oppose Moses
- Exploring Canaan by 12 spies
- 37 years in the wilderness
- Aaron’s Rod that budded
- Speak to the Rock “Give Water”
- Death of Aaron
- The Bronze Snake
- Balak Summons Balaam
- Six cities of Refuge for Israel
- Daughters of Zelophehad
- Moses Blesses the Tribes with Three Sermons
- Moses lived for 120 years
- Caleb was the son of Jephunneh
- Joshua – The Fall of Jericho
- Questions and Answers 1-16
- Questions and Answers 17-32
- Questions and Answers 33-49
- Time Line for Life of Moses
- Background Information – Life of Moses
- Next Module – Judges or rulers of Israel
- Resources – Life of Moses
- The Jewish Festival of Sukkot
- Yom Kippur, means “Day of Atonement”
- Rosh Hashanah or Yom Teruah (The Day of the Sounding of Shofar)