33. From whom did Moses get the instructions on how to build the Ark of God or the Ark of the Covenant?
34. The High Priests of Israel were from which Tribe?
35. What was the Tabernacle of God used for?
36. Aaron and Miriam were the older brother and sister of Moses, when they tried to tell him what to do. What happened?
37. Moses sent out 12 spies, one from each tribe, to explore the land of Canaan. How many spies came back with a good report?
38. If we round up the years in the wilderness, how many years is it?
39. Why had Aaron’s Rod budded?
40. What was Moses asked to do to the rock the second time?
41. Who became the High Priest after Aaron had died?
42. Why did God send snakes to punish the people?
43. Balak the king of Moab summoned Balaam to do what?
44. Name the Six Cities of Refuge for Israel?
45. The Daughters of Zelophehad asked Moses for what?
46. Moses blessed the Tribes of Israel with Three Sermons or speeches. Which book of the Bible contains these teachings?
47. Moses lived for how many years?
49. Who led the people of God after Moses had died?
Answers for questions 33-49:
33. Directly from God while Moses was up the Mountain.
34. The tribe of Levi.
35. This was the place where the people of God worshiped God.
36. They ended up coming off second best with God.
38. Forty years.
39. Because the Israelites were constantly grumbling against Moses.
40. Speak to the rock.
42. The people sinned by speaking against Him and Moses.
43. To curse the people of God.
44. The six cities were:
1. Kedesh in Galilee in Naphtali. Hebrew meaning: to be consecrated, hallowed, sanctified;
2. Shechem in Mount Ephraim;
3. Hebron in Judah;
4. Bezer in the desert plateau, for the Reubenites;
5. Ramoth in Gilead, for the Gadites;
6. Golan in Bashan,
for the Manassites. In Hebrew the word miqlat means asylum or restricted place.
45. The inheritance of their brother Zelophehad.
47. 120 years.
48. Spying out the land of Canaan.
Other modules in this unit:
- Life of Moses – Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy
- 300-year gap between Joseph and Moses
- First 40 years of the life of Moses
- Thutmose I, the Pharaoh or king of Egypt
- Miriam kept eye on Moses after he had been placed as a baby in a boat
- Second set of 40 years
- God spoke to Moses out of a burning bush
- Moses was asked to take off his sandals by God
- The third set of 40 years
- Aaron’s Staff becomes a Snake
- The ten plagues of Egypt
- Ninth plague – Darkness
- Tenth plague – Firstborn die
- Passover commemorates the Exodus from Egypt
- Moses the friend of God
- Pillar of Cloud by Day
- Pillar of fire by night
- The Chariots of the Egyptian army
- Moses crosses the Red Sea
- Moses’ older sister Miriam sings a song
- Waters of Marah and Elim
- Manna means ‘What Is It?’
- Water from The Rock at Massah
- Moses at Mount Sinai
- The Ten Commandments or Ten Words of God
- The Three Annual Feasts of God
- The Feast of Passover
- Feast of Weeks or Pentecost
- Feast of Trumpets or Feast of Shofars
- The Golden Calf, the idol made by Aaron
- Moses with the New Stone Tablets
- 1st five of the Ten Commandments
- 2nd five of the Ten Commandments
- Ark of God
- The High Priest of Israel
- Tabernacle of God
- Aaron and Miriam oppose Moses
- Exploring Canaan by 12 spies
- 37 years in the wilderness
- Aaron’s Rod that budded
- Speak to the Rock “Give Water”
- Death of Aaron
- The Bronze Snake
- Balak Summons Balaam
- Six cities of Refuge for Israel
- Daughters of Zelophehad
- Moses Blesses the Tribes with Three Sermons
- Moses lived for 120 years
- Caleb was the son of Jephunneh
- Joshua – The Fall of Jericho
- Questions and Answers 1-16
- Questions and Answers 17-32
- Questions and Answers 33-49
- Time Line for Life of Moses
- Background Information – Life of Moses
- Next Module – Judges or rulers of Israel
- Resources – Life of Moses
- The Jewish Festival of Sukkot
- Yom Kippur, means “Day of Atonement”
- Rosh Hashanah or Yom Teruah (The Day of the Sounding of Shofar)