The Magi followed the star to find Jesus Magi, often called the wise men, traveled from the east to find Him, they arrived some time after his birth. The Magi may have come from the area we now call Iraq.
Sometimes, called the three kings, but the Bible does not call them that. Neither does the Bible mention the number of these Magi.
Tradition has them as three wise men, or kings, and has given them the names of Balthazar, Gaspar, Melchior. Remember, the Bible does not mention either the number of men or their names who followed the star to where they found Jesus in a house.
Check out the information yourself in the Bible.
The Visit of the Magi
1After Jesus had been born in Bethlehem of Judea during the reign of King Herod, wise men arrived in Jerusalem from the east 2and asked, “Where is the one who was born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.”
Wise men still seek Him.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Angel Gabriel spoke to Mary about the Birth of Jesus. Luke 1:26-38
- Mary got a visit from the angel Gabriel. Luke 1:39-40
- Elizabeth gets a visit from Mary. Luke 1:41-45
- Mary sings a song of praise to God. Luke 1:46-56
- An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. Matthew 1:18-25
- Joseph Goes To Bethlehem. Luke 2:1-4
- Mary traveled with Joseph on a donkey. Luke 2:5
- Jesus a newly born baby. Luke 2:6-7 and Matthew 1:18-25
- Shepherds keeping watch. Luke 2:8-12 and 2:15-20
- Angels praised God for the birth of Jesus. Luke 2:13-14
- Jesus at 40 days old was taken to the Temple. Luke 2:22-24
- Simeon blesses Jesus. Luke 2:25-35
- Anna the Prophetess. Luke 2:36-38
- Magi traveled from the east to find Jesus. Matthew 2:1-2
- Herod gets a visit from the Magi. Matthew 2:3-8
- Magi followed the star to a house. Matthew 2:9-10
- Jesus as a child in the house. Matthew 2:11-12
- Joseph takes Jesus and Escapes to Egypt. Matthew 2:13-15
- Herod the Great plans how to kill Jesus. Matthew 2:16-18
- The Return from Egypt to Nazareth. Matthew 2:19-23
- Jesus about twelve years old. Luke 2:41-52
- The cross is still to come see Luke and Matthew
- Questions and Answers 1-11
- Questions and Answers 12-23
- Time Line for Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Timelines – Birth of Jesus
- Background Information – Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Resources – Birth of Jesus
- Next Module – Ministry of Jesus