The Magi found Jesus in a house and gave Him their gifts of gold, frankincense, and of myrrh. He was between nine and eighteen months old. Having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, the Magi left for their country by a different road.
The house that the Magi found Jesus in was most likely in Nazareth of Galilee, where Joseph had his workshop, or in Bethlehem, but the Bible does not tell us the location of the house.
After the Magi had left, Joseph had a .
The Bible does not say much more about Jesus until He starts His ministry. One of the things the Bible does say is that Jesus had a number of half brothers and sisters, as Joseph and Mary had more children after the birth of Jesus.
Background Reading: The Visit of the Magi to Jesus
11 After they went into the house and saw the child with his mother Mary, they fell down and worshipped him. Then they opened their treasure sacks and offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. 12 Having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they left for their own country by a different road.
39 After doing everything required by the Law of the Lord, Joseph and Mary returned to their hometown of Nazareth in Galilee.
The Magi found a paidion, Greek for a child older than a new born baby but still under two years old.
Other slides in this module:
- The angel Gabriel spoke to Mary about the birth of Jesus
- Mary got a visit from the angel Gabriel
- Elizabeth got a visit from Mary
- Mary offered a hymn of praise to God
- An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream
- Joseph goes to Bethlehem
- Mary traveled with Joseph on a donkey
- Jesus a newly born baby
- Shepherds keeping watch
- Angels praised God for the birth of Jesus
- Jesus at 40 days old was taken to the Temple
- Simeon blesses Jesus
- Anna the Prophetess
- Magi traveled from the East to find Jesus
- The visit of the Magi to King Herod
- Magi followed the star to a house
- Jesus as a child in a house
- Joseph takes Jesus and escapes to Egypt
- King Herod the Great plans how to kill Jesus
- The return from Egypt to Nazareth
- Jesus about twelve years old
- The cross is still to come
- Questions and Answers 1-11
- Questions and Answers 12-23
- Timeline for Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Background Information – Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Resources – Birth of Jesus
- Next Module – Ministry of Jesus » »