The main purpose for Jesus’ life on Earth was to open a way for us to God the Father.
This purpose of Jesus’ life involved Him dying on the cross, then to be raised to life from the dead. This resurrection enables us to access God, His Father.
In Genesis 3:14-15 God said to Satan he was going to lose, and God’s Son Jesus was going to win the war between Satan and God over Mankind.
Read the Gospels of:
• Luke 22:1-24:53.
• Matthew 26:1-28:20.
• Mark 11:1-16:20.
• John 12:1-21:25.
Some of these events are explained within the module on the three and a half years of His ministry.
Look in the book of Revelation to see who wins.
Jesus was born between 7BC and no later than 4BC because He was born before the death of King Herod the Great in 4BC. Jesus died between AD26 and AD39 during the reign of Roman procurator Pontius Pilate.
Jesus died on the cross to give us access to His Father.
Jesus’ crucifixion could have been on one of the following dates:-
• Wednesday (Tuesday sunset-Wednesday sunset) April 10th AD32.
• Friday April 3rd AD33.
• April 14th AD33.
• March/April AD30.
• 5-6th April Wednesday-Thursday AD29.
Whatever day Jesus died, remember that Jesus died on the cross to allow us access to His Father.
Possible Dates of Jesus’ Death
Next Module – Ministry of Jesus
Other modules in this unit:
- The angel Gabriel spoke to Mary about the birth of Jesus
- Mary got a visit from the angel Gabriel
- Elizabeth got a visit from Mary
- Mary offered a hymn of praise to God
- An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream
- Joseph goes to Bethlehem
- Mary traveled with Joseph on a donkey
- Jesus a newly born baby
- Shepherds keeping watch
- Angels praised God for the birth of Jesus
- Jesus at 40 days old was taken to the Temple
- Simeon blesses Jesus
- Anna the Prophetess
- Magi traveled from the East to find Jesus
- The visit of the Magi to King Herod
- Magi followed the star to a house
- Jesus as a child in a house
- Joseph takes Jesus and escapes to Egypt
- King Herod the Great plans how to kill Jesus
- The return from Egypt to Nazareth
- Jesus about twelve years old
- The cross is still to come
- Questions and Answers 1-11
- Questions and Answers 12-23
- Timeline for Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Background Information – Birth of Jesus – The Christmas Story
- Resources – Birth of Jesus
- Next Module – Ministry of Jesus » »