In the beginning, God said, “Let us make the heavens and the earth.”
This is God’s story as He interacts with humankind.
Enjoy your time looking at the Images and reading the text.
Click on “Next Page” found at the far right just below the green Navigation bar to start your journey through the Bible.
Creation – the Beginning – Undated Past
1:1 In the beginning, God created the universe.
2 When the earth was as yet unformed and desolate, with the surface of the ocean depths shrouded in darkness, and while the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
In Hebrew Tanakh the word Heaven is in the plural Heavens.
Also in Hebrew Tanakh God is singular and the words let us is plural.
Different people hold strongly to their views about the seven days of creation if it was a solar 24 hour day or some other length of time. Maybe it could be a mix of the two or something totally different. Remember God lives outside of our time domain.
One mathematical module has the earth and the other planets being placed in their orbits around the sun. Their origins were from somewhere else in the systems of calyxes or universe.
Other modules in this unit:
- In the beginning, God created the earth – Undated Past, Genesis 1:1-2
- The 7 or Seven Days of Creation – Undated Past, Genesis 1:1-3:24
- Adam was the first created man specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 1:26-31 – 2:1-25
- Eve the first woman specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 1:18-25
- Cain the first human murderer and older brother of Abel – Genesis 4:1-17
- Abel a righteous man, Genesis 4:1-16
- Enoch did not die, Genesis 5:21-24
- 1100 Years gap Between Adam and Noah, Genesis 5:1-32
- Noah built an ark with God’s instructions, Genesis 6:8-22
- Noah builds an Ark for God, Genesis 7:1- 10:32
- 400-year gap between Noah and Abraham, Genesis 11:10-32
- Abraham the father of nations, Genesis chapters 12:1-25:11
- Sarah was the wife of Abraham, Genesis 11:29-23:20
- Rebekah married Isaac, Genesis 24:1-66
- Esau the son of Isaac, Genesis 25:19-34
- Jacob steals Isaac’s blessing, Genesis 27:1-29
- Jacob marries Rachel the daughter of Laban, Genesis 29:15-30
- Death of Joseph at one hundred and ten years old, Genesis 50:22-26
- 300-year gap between Joseph and Moses, Genesis 50:22-Exodus 1:22
- Miriam kept eye on Moses after he had been placed as a baby in a boat, Exodus 2:1-10
- God spoke to Moses out of a burning bush, Exodus 3:1-3
- Moses was asked to take off his sandals by God, Exodus 3:4-22 & 4:1-17
- Moses the friend of God
- Manna means ‘What Is It’?, Exodus 16:1-36
- Water From The Rock, Exodus 17:1-7
- Moses at Mount Sinai, Exodus 19:1-25
- The Golden Calf the idol made by Aaron, Exodus 32:1-35
- Speak to the Rock “Give Water”, Numbers 20:1-13
- Joshua God’s warrior, Joshua 5:13-15 & 6:1-27
- The two scouts or spies were Joshua’s eyes, Joshua 2:1-24 and 6:22-25
- Rahab helped Israel to take Jericho, Joshua 2:1-24
- Rahab saved from death, Joshua 6:22-25
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel, Judges 6:1-8:35
- Ruth, the great-grandmother of King David, Ruth 1:16-2:23
- Jephthah the Gileadite the 10th Judge of Israel, Judges 11:1-12:7
- Samson the 14th Judge of Israel, Judges 13:1-16:31
- Samuel the fifteen Judge of Israel anoints Saul, 1 Samuel 10:9-27
- King Saul tries to kill David with a spear, 1 Samuel 18:6-16
- David uses his slingshot, 1 Samuel 17:40-58
- King Solomon’s reign established, 1 Kings 2:1-46
- King Rehoboam 1st king of Judah, 1Kings 11:41-12:24 & 2 Chronicles 9:31-12:16
- Jonah a Prophet of God and the Whale, Jonah 1:1-17 – 4:11
- Isaiah the prophet (739BC-690BC) wrote the book Isaiah, 2 Kings 18:1-20-21
- Jeremiah the prophet of God is put down a well, Jeremiah 38:1-28
- Daniel in the Lions Den, Daniel 6:1-28
- Esther becomes the Queen of Persia, Esther 1:1-10:3
- Nehemiah rebuilds the walls, Nehemiah 2:1-3:32
- Malachi a prophet of God, Malachi 1:1-4:6
- 400-year gap, The gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Angel Gabriel God’s Messenger, Luke 1:26-38
- The cross a Roman method of killing people, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus – The author and giver of all faith
- Next Module – Back to the beginning The Book of Genesis » »