Jesus died on a Roman death machine to bring us life.
The main purpose of Jesus’ life was for Him to die on the cross, and then to be raised to life from the dead. This resurrection enables us to access God, His Father.
In Genesis 3:14-15 God said to Satan he was going to lose and His son Jesus was going to win the war between Satan and God over man kind.
Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life.”
The cross is the ultimate in love from God.
Jesus God’s only Son died on a Roman death machine to bring us life and right relationship with God His father.
The death of Jesus
read: Luke 22:1-24:12
Matthew 26:17-27:10, Mark 15:1-16:20 and John 19:1-20:30
Jesus was possibly born between 12BC no later than 4BC, because he was born before the death of Herod the Great in 4BC. Jesus died between AD26 and AD39 during the reign of Roman procurator Pontius Pilate.
Jesus died on the cross to give us access to His father.
Some of the dates of Jesus’ Crucifixion could have been:-
Wednesday [Tuesday sunset-Wednesday sunset] April 10th AD32, Fri April 3rd AD33 or April 14th AD33, March/April AD30, 5-6th April Wednesday-Thursday AD29.
Remember Jesus died on the cross to allow us access to His father.
Other modules in this unit:
- In the beginning God created the earth – Undated Past, Genesis 1:1-2
- The 7 or Seven Days of Creation – Undated Past, Genesis 1:1-3:24
- Adam was the first created man specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 1:26-31 – 2:1-25
- Eve the first woman specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 1:18-25
- Cain the first human murderer and older brother of Abel – Genesis 4:1-17
- Abel a righteous man, Genesis 4:1-16
- Enoch did not die, Genesis 5:21-24
- 1100 Years gap Between Adam and Noah, Genesis 5:1-32
- Noah built an ark with God’s instructions, Genesis 6:8-22
- Noah builds an Ark for God, Genesis 7:1- 10:32
- 400 year gap between Noah and Abraham, Genesis 11:10-32
- Abraham the father of nations, Genesis chapters 12:1-25:11
- Sarah was the wife of Abraham, Genesis 11:29-23:20
- Rebekah married Isaac, Genesis 24:1-66
- Esau the son of Isaac, Genesis 25:19-34
- Jacob steals Isaac’s blessing, Genesis 27:1-29
- Jacob marries Rachel the daughter of Laban, Genesis 29:15-30
- Death of Joseph at one hundred and ten years old, Genesis 50:22-26
- 300 year gap between Joseph and Moses, Genesis 50:22-Exodus 1:22
- Miriam kept eye on Moses after he had been placed as a baby in a boat, Exodus 2:1-10
- God spoke to Moses out of a burning bush, Exodus 3:1-3
- Moses was asked to take off his sandals by God, Exodus 3:4-22 & 4:1-17
- Moses the friend of God
- Manna means ‘What Is It’?, Exodus 16:1-36
- Water From The Rock, Exodus 17:1-7
- Moses at Mount Sinai, Exodus 19:1-25
- The Golden Calf the idol made by Aaron, Exodus 32:1-35
- Speak to the Rock “Give Water”, Numbers 20:1-13
- Joshua God’s warrior, Joshua 5:13-15 & 6:1-27
- The two scouts or spies were Joshua’s eyes, Joshua 2:1-24 and 6:22-25
- Rahab helped Israel to take Jericho, Joshua 2:1-24
- Rahab saved from death, Joshua 6:22-25
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel, Judges 6:1-8:35
- Ruth, the great grand mother of King David, Ruth 1:16-2:23
- Jephthah the Gileadite the 10th Judge of Israel, Judges 11:1-12:7
- Samson the 14th Judge of Israel, Judges 13:1-16:31
- Samuel the fifteen Judge of Israel anoints Saul, 1 Samuel 10:9-27
- King Saul tries to kill David with a spear, 1 Samuel 18:6-16
- David uses his slingshot, 1 Samuel 17:40-58
- King Solomon’s reign established, 1 Kings 2:1-46
- King Rehoboam 1st king of Judah, 1Kings 11:41-12:24 & 2 Chronicles 9:31-12:16
- Jonah a Prophet of God and the Whale, Jonah 1:1-17 – 4:11
- Isaiah the prophet (739BC-690BC) wrote the book Isaiah, 2 Kings 18:1-20-21
- Jeremiah the prophet of God is put down a well, Jeremiah 38:1-28
- Daniel in the Lions Den, Daniel 6:1-28
- Esther becomes the Queen of Persia, Esther 1:1-10:3
- Nehemiah rebuilds the walls, Nehemiah 2:1-3:32
- Malachi a prophet of God, Malachi 1:1-4:6
- 400 year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Angel Gabriel God’s Messenger, Luke 1:26-38
- The cross a Roman method of killing people, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus – The author and giver of all faith
- Next Module – Back to the beginning Genesis