Noah – 3103BC-2153BC was 500 years old when he started having children. He had three sons named Shem, Ham and Japheth. He died when he was 950 years old, which was 350 years after the flood.
Noah in Hebrew means rest.
It took Noah about 100 years to build an ark (boat) to God’s specifications. The ark’s size was about 154 meters (525 feet) long, 25.5 meters (87 feet) wide and 15 meters (52 feet) high.
The ark builder found favor and honor in God’s eyes.
Noah was given the promise of the rainbow, made up of seven colors, to say the earth would not be totally flooded again.
Noah Obeys God
6:8 The LORD was pleased with Noah, however.
9 These are the family records of Noah: Noah was a righteous man. Blameless during his times, Noah communed with God. 10 Noah fathered three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. 11 By this time, the earth had become ruined in God’s opinion and filled with violence. 12 God looked at the earth, observing how corrupt its population had become, because the entire human race had corrupted itself. 13 So God announced to Noah, “I’ve decided to destroy every living thing on earth, because it has become filled with violence due to them. Look! I’m about to annihilate them, along with the earth. 14 So make yourself an ark out of cedar, constructing compartments in it, and cover it inside and out with tar. 15 Make the ark like this: 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. 16 Make a roof for the ark, and finish the walls to within one cubit from the top. Place the entrance in the side of the ark, and build a lower, a middle, and an upper deck.
17 “For my part, I’m about to flood the earth with water and destroy every living thing that breathes. Everything on earth will die. 18 However, I will establish my own covenant with you, and you are to enter the ark—you, your sons, your wife, and your sons’ wives. 19 You are to bring two of every living thing into the ark so they may remain alive with you. They are to be male and female. 20 From birds according to their species, from domestic animals according to their species, and from everything that crawls on the ground according to their species —two of everything will come to you so they may remain alive. 21 For your part, take some of the edible food and store it away—these stores will be food for you and the animals.”
22 Noah did all of this, precisely as God had commanded.
Read the full events by reading in the Bible Genesis 6:1-9:28
Other modules in this unit:
- In the beginning God created the earth – Undated Past, Genesis 1:1-2
- The 7 or Seven Days of Creation – Undated Past, Genesis 1:1-3:24
- Adam was the first created man specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 1:26-31 – 2:1-25
- Eve the first woman specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 1:18-25
- Cain the first human murderer and older brother of Abel – Genesis 4:1-17
- Abel a righteous man, Genesis 4:1-16
- Enoch did not die, Genesis 5:21-24
- 1100 Years gap Between Adam and Noah, Genesis 5:1-32
- Noah built an ark with God’s instructions, Genesis 6:8-22
- Noah builds an Ark for God, Genesis 7:1- 10:32
- 400 year gap between Noah and Abraham, Genesis 11:10-32
- Abraham the father of nations, Genesis chapters 12:1-25:11
- Sarah was the wife of Abraham, Genesis 11:29-23:20
- Rebekah married Isaac, Genesis 24:1-66
- Esau the son of Isaac, Genesis 25:19-34
- Jacob steals Isaac’s blessing, Genesis 27:1-29
- Jacob marries Rachel the daughter of Laban, Genesis 29:15-30
- Death of Joseph at one hundred and ten years old, Genesis 50:22-26
- 300 year gap between Joseph and Moses, Genesis 50:22-Exodus 1:22
- Miriam kept eye on Moses after he had been placed as a baby in a boat, Exodus 2:1-10
- God spoke to Moses out of a burning bush, Exodus 3:1-3
- Moses was asked to take off his sandals by God, Exodus 3:4-22 & 4:1-17
- Moses the friend of God
- Manna means ‘What Is It’?, Exodus 16:1-36
- Water From The Rock, Exodus 17:1-7
- Moses at Mount Sinai, Exodus 19:1-25
- The Golden Calf the idol made by Aaron, Exodus 32:1-35
- Speak to the Rock “Give Water”, Numbers 20:1-13
- Joshua God’s warrior, Joshua 5:13-15 & 6:1-27
- The two scouts or spies were Joshua’s eyes, Joshua 2:1-24 and 6:22-25
- Rahab helped Israel to take Jericho, Joshua 2:1-24
- Rahab saved from death, Joshua 6:22-25
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel, Judges 6:1-8:35
- Ruth, the great grand mother of King David, Ruth 1:16-2:23
- Jephthah the Gileadite the 10th Judge of Israel, Judges 11:1-12:7
- Samson the 14th Judge of Israel, Judges 13:1-16:31
- Samuel the fifteen Judge of Israel anoints Saul, 1 Samuel 10:9-27
- King Saul tries to kill David with a spear, 1 Samuel 18:6-16
- David uses his slingshot, 1 Samuel 17:40-58
- King Solomon’s reign established, 1 Kings 2:1-46
- King Rehoboam 1st king of Judah, 1Kings 11:41-12:24 & 2 Chronicles 9:31-12:16
- Jonah a Prophet of God and the Whale, Jonah 1:1-17 – 4:11
- Isaiah the prophet (739BC-690BC) wrote the book Isaiah, 2 Kings 18:1-20-21
- Jeremiah the prophet of God is put down a well, Jeremiah 38:1-28
- Daniel in the Lions Den, Daniel 6:1-28
- Esther becomes the Queen of Persia, Esther 1:1-10:3
- Nehemiah rebuilds the walls, Nehemiah 2:1-3:32
- Malachi a prophet of God, Malachi 1:1-4:6
- 400 year gap between Malachi and Jesus
- Angel Gabriel God’s Messenger, Luke 1:26-38
- The cross a Roman method of killing people, Luke 22:1-24:12
- Jesus – The author and giver of all faith
- Next Module – Back to the beginning Genesis