Luke 22:1-24:12. Jesus died on a Roman death machine to bring us life.
The main purpose of Jesus’ life was for Him to die on the cross, and then to be raised to life from the dead. This resurrection enables us to access God, His Father.
In Genesis 3:14-15 God told Satan he was going to lose and His son Jesus was going to win the war between Satan and God over mankind.
Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life.”
The cross is the ultimate in love from God.
Jesus God’s only Son died on a Roman death machine to bring us life and right relationship with God His father.
The death of Jesus
Read: Luke 22:1-24:12
Matthew 26:17-27:10, Mark 15:1-16:20 and John 19:1-20:30.
Jesus was possibly born between 12BC no later than 4BC because he was born before the death of Herod the Great in 4BC. Jesus died between AD26 and AD39 during the reign of Roman procurator Pontius Pilate.
Jesus died on the cross to give us access to His father.
Possible dates for Jesus’ crucifixion:-
Whatever day it was in our calendars it was 14th of Nisan in the Jewish Calendar.
Wednesday [Tuesday sunset-Wednesday sunset] April 10th AD32, Fri April 3rd AD33 or April 14th AD33, March/April AD30, 5-6th April Wednesday-Thursday AD29.
Remember, Jesus died on the cross to allow us access to His father.
Other modules in this unit:
- 750BC – King Jotham the 11th and a good King of Judah
- Isaiah the Prophet (739BC-680BC) wrote the book Isaiah
- 735BC – King Ahaz the 12th King of Judah
- 735BC-700BC – Micah the Prophet
- 732BC- 723BC – King Hoshea the last King of Israel was taken to Assyria
- 722BC – Israel Exiled as Slaves because of sin
- 716BC-686BC – King Hezekiah was the 13th King of Judah
- 716-686BC – King Hezekiah – the sun goes backward
- 695BC – King Manasseh the 14th King of Judah
- 660BC – The Prophet Nahum
- 642BC – King Amon the 15th King of Judah
- 640BC – King Josiah the 16th and a good King of Judah
- 630BC – The Prophet Zephaniah
- 627BC-580BC – Jeremiah the prophet of God
- 627BC – Jeremiah visited the potter’s house
- 609BC – King Jehoahaz the 17th King of Judah
- 609BC-598BC – King Jehoiakim the 18th King of Judah
- 609BC – Uriah the Prophet
- 607BC – The Prophet Habakkuk
- 605BC-536BC – The book of Daniel
- 604BC – Jeremiah used a scribe called Baruch
- 603BC – King Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream
- 597BC – King Jehoiachin the 19th King of Judah
- 595BC – Judah goes into Slavery to Babylon
- 592BC-570BC – The Scroll – one of Ezekiel’s messages
- 587BC – Jeremiah the Prophet of God is put down a well
- 597BC-586BC – Zedekiah the 20th King of Judah
- 586BC – Jerusalem goes into captivity
- Golden Image made by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon
- 605BC-562BC – Fiery test in the Fiery Furnace
- 572BC – The Valley of Dry Bones
- 539BC-538BC – Daniel in the Lions Den
- 520BC – The Prophet Haggai
- 536BC-516BC – Temple rebuilt by Zerubbabel
- 528BC-488BC – The Prophet Zechariah
- 468BC – Esther becomes the Queen of Persia
- 464BC – Nehemiah rebuilds the walls
- 458BC – Ezra
- 435BC-412B – Malachi a prophet of God
- 400 Years – the gap between Malachi and Jesus
- 170BC-37BC – Hasmonean Dynasty, This family stayed faithful to God
- 63BC – A Roman Soldier representing the Roman Empire in the restored Israel
- 20BC-AD25 – King Herod the Great built a Temple for the Jews
- Angel Gabriel God’s Messenger
- 4BC -AD32 – Jesus – The author and giver of all faith
- AD32 – The cross, a Roman method of killing people
- Questions and Answers 1-24
- Questions and Answers 25-46
- Next Module – 400 years