Acts 18:22-23. Paul rested between 2nd and 3rd missionary trips.
When Paul landed at Caesarea, he went up and greeted the church in Jerusalem and then went down to Antioch.
Antioch was the original sending church. See Acts 13:1-3 and Acts 15:36 for Paul and his teams.
Notice how Paul and Barnabas wanted to look after and strengthen any new disciples they came across.
Rest between trips 2 and 3
18:22 When he arrived in Caesarea, he went up to Jerusalem, greeted the church there, and then returned to Antioch.
18:23 After spending some time there, Acts Part Two Paul departed and went from place to place through the region of Galatia and Phrygia, strengthening all the disciples.
This is how the next 47 years started in the life of the early church.
Other modules in this unit:
- He is not here, Jesus has risen from the dead
- 40 Days, Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven
- Jesus returns Home back to Heaven via the clouds
- Matthias replaces Judas
- 50th Day After Jesus’ Resurrection
- Start of the Early Church, The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost
- Pentecost Fire, Like Tongues of Fire
- Peter addresses the Crowd
- The Fellowship of the Believers form a community
- Peter Heals the Crippled Beggar
- Peter addresses the onlookers in the Temple
- Peter and John before the Sanhedrin
- Ananias and Sapphira
- The Apostles persecuted
- Choosing of the Seven Helpers
- Stephen seized and killed
- Philip and the Ethiopian
- Paul (Saul) meets God
- Paul (Saul) Escapes In A Basket
- Aeneas healed by Peter
- Peter’s dream and the call of Cornelius
- Barnabas looks for Paul
- AD43 Covered First Ten Years
- Peter’s 2nd miraculous escape from prison
- The Book of James – first New Testament book
- Orphans and Widows – Listening and Doing
- Barnabas and Paul sent off
- Ship, The Port of Seleucia
- Paul in Pisidian Antioch
- Paul heals a crippled man at Lystra
- They tried to kill Paul by stoning him at Lystra
- The return to Antioch to rest after the first trip
- The Book of Galatians
- Paul uses a Scribe
- Start of Paul’s Second Trip
- Timothy, Paul’s disciple
- Philippi – The Fortune Telling Slave Girl
- Paul and Silas in Prison again
- In Athens, the unknown god
- Do not get angry
- Paul returns back by ship
- Paul rests between Trips 2 and 3
- AD53 The end of the first twenty years
- Questions and Answers 1-14
- Questions and Answers 15-28
- Questions and Answers 29-43
- Timeline for Acts part one
- The Book of Acts:- Part Two » »