April AD48 – Acts 13:4.
Barnabas and Paul were sent on their way by the Holy Spirit. They went down to Seleucia and sailed from there to Cyprus.
When they arrived at Salamis, they proclaimed the word of God in the Jewish synagogues.
Mark was with them as their helper and he later wrote the Gospel of Mark.
Barnabas and Saul Set sail and arrive in Cyprus
13:4After they had been sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went to Seleucia and from there sailed to Cyprus.
Travel was slow and dangerous. Sometimes traveling by ship was quicker than walking.
Antioch of Syria was about 483 km or 300 miles north of Jerusalem. And about 26km or 16 miles in land from the Mederianan sea port of Seleucia.
Other modules in this unit:
- He is not here, Jesus has risen from the dead, Luke 24:5-8
- 40 Days, Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven, Acts 1:1-11
- Jesus returns Home back to Heaven via the clouds, Acts 1:9-11
- Matthias replaces Judas, Acts 1:12-26
- 50th Day After Jesus’ Resurrection, Acts 2:1-41
- Start Of The Early Church, The Holy Spirit Comes At Pentecost, Acts 2:1-13
- Pentecost Fire, Like Tongues of Fire, Acts 2:1-13
- Peter addresses the Crowd, Acts 2:14-41
- The Fellowship of the Believers or the believers form a community, Acts 2:42-47
- Peter Heals the Crippled Beggar, Acts 3:1-10
- Peter addresses the onlookers in the Temple, Acts 3:11-26
- Peter and John before the Sanhedrin, Acts 4:1-22
- Ananias and Sapphira, Acts 5:1-11
- The Apostles persecuted, Acts 5:17-42
- Choosing of the Seven Helpers, Acts 6:1-7
- Stephen seized and killed, Acts 6:8-8:3
- Philip and the Ethiopian, Acts 8:26-40
- Paul (Saul) meets God, Acts 9:1-22
- Paul (Saul) Escapes In A Basket, Acts 9:23-31
- Aeneas healed by Peter, Acts 9:32-35
- Peter’s dream and Cornelius’ call, Acts 10:1-48
- Barnabas looks for Paul, Acts 11:22-26
- AD43 Covered First Ten Years, Acts 1:1 TO 12:1
- Peter’s 2nd miraculous escape from prison, Acts 12:1-19
- The Book of James – first New Testament book, James 1:1-8
- Orphans and Widows – Listening and Doing, James 1:16-27
- Barnabas and Paul sent off, Acts 13:1-3
- Ship, The Port of Seleucia, Acts 13:4
- Paul in Pisidian Antioch, Acts 13:13-52
- Paul heals a crippled man at Lystra, Acts 14:8-10
- They tried to kill Paul by stoning him at Lystra, Acts 14:19-20
- The return to Antioch to rest after the first trip, Acts 14:21-28
- The Book of Galatians, Galatians 1:1-10
- Paul uses a Scribe , Galatians 6:1-18
- Start of Paul’s Second Trip, Acts 15:36-40
- Timothy Paul’s disciple, Acts 16:1-5
- Pilippi – The Fortune Telling Slave Girl, Acts 16:16-21
- Paul And Silas In Prison again, Acts 16:22-40
- In Athens the unknown Idol , Acts 17:15-34
- Do not get angry, Acts 18:1-17
- Paul returns back by ship , Acts 18:22
- Paul rests between Trips 2 and 3 , Acts 18:22-23
- AD53 The end of the first twenty years
- Acts Part Two Click Here, The book of Acts
- Time line for Acts part one
- Background Information: Acts part one
- Resources – Acts part one