There are 1056 years from the point that the bible starts dating the years of Adam until the birth of Noah.
Therefore making gap between birth of Adam and the birth of Noah about 1100 years.
There are 10 generations:
1. Adam – name means: Man (is)
2. Seth – name means: Appointed
3. Enosh – name means: Mortal, frail
4. Kenan – name means: Sorrow
5. Mahalalel – name means: Blessed God, praise God
6. Jared – name means: Shall come down
7. Enoch – name means: Commencement, teaching
8. Methuselah – name means: His death shall bring
9. Lamech – name means: Lament, Lamentation, Despairing
10. Noah – name means: Comfort or Rest
Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow (but) The blessed God shall come down teaching His death shall bring the despairing comfort or Rest – Sums up the Christian Gospel.
Noah was 600 years old when Methuselah died. Which was same year the Flood started.
From Adam to Noah
5:1 This is the historical record of Adam’s generations.
When God created mankind,
he made them in his own likeness.
2 Creating them male and female,
he blessed them
and called them humans
when he created them.
3 After Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son just like him, that is, according to his own likeness, and named him Seth. 4 Adam lived another 800 years, fathering other sons and daughters after he had fathered Seth. 5 Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then died.
6 When Seth had lived 105 years, he fathered Enosh. 7 After he fathered Enosh, Seth lived 807 years, fathering other sons and daughters. 8 Seth lived a total of 912 years, and then died.
9 When Enosh had lived 90 years, he fathered Kenan. 10 After he fathered Kenan, Enosh lived 815 years, fathering other sons and daughters. 11 Enosh lived a total of 905 years, and then died.
12 When Kenan had lived 70 years, he fathered Mahalalel. 13 After he fathered Mahalalel, Kenan lived 840 years, fathering other sons and daughters. 14 Kenan lived a total of 910 years, and then died.
15 When Mahalalel had lived 65 years, he fathered Jared. 16 After he fathered Jared, Mahalalel lived 830 years, fathering other sons and daughters. 17 Mahalalel lived a total of 895 years, and then died.
18When Jared had lived 162 years, he fathered Enoch. 19 After he fathered Enoch, Jared lived 800 years, fathering other sons and daughters. 20 Jared lived a total of 962 years, and then died.
21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he fathered Methuselah. 22 After he fathered Methuselah, Enoch communed with God for 300 years and fathered other sons and daughters. 23 Enoch lived a total of 365 years, 24 communing with God—and then he was there no longer, because God had taken him.
25 When Methuselah had lived 187 years, he fathered Lamech. 26 After he fathered Lamech, Methuselah lived 782 years, fathering other sons and daughters. 27 Methuselah lived a total of 969 years, and then died.
28 When Lamech had lived 182 years, he fathered a son, 29 whom he named Noah, because he said, “May this one comfort us from our work, from pain that is caused by our manual labor, and from the ground that the LORD has cursed.” 30 After he fathered Noah, Lamech lived 595 years, fathering other sons and daughters. 31 Lamech lived a total of 777 years, and then died.
32 After Noah had lived 500 years, he fathered Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Other modules in this unit:
- In the beginning God created the earth – Undated Past
- The 7 or Seven Days of Creation – Undated Past, Genesis 1:1-3:24
- Adam was the first created man specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 1:26-31 – 2:1-25
- Eve the first woman specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 2:18-25
- Tree of Life, Genesis 3:1-24
- Cain the first human murderer and older brother of Abel – Genesis 4:1-17
- Abel a righteous man, Genesis 4:1-16
- Seth, Genesis 4:25-26
- Enoch did not die, Genesis 5:21-24
- About a 1100 Year gap between birth of Adam and the birth of Noah, Genesis 5:1-32
- Noah built an ark with God’s instructions, Genesis 6:8-22
- The Ark God’s way of saving people from the flood, Genesis 7:1 – 10:32
- The Tower of Babel, Genesis 11:1-9
- 400 years between Noah and Abraham, Genesis 11:10-32
- Abraham the father of nations, Genesis chapters 12:1-20
- Sarah was the wife of Abraham, Genesis 11:29-23:20
- Lot is rescued by Abraham, Genesis 14:1-17
- Melchizedek was the King of Salem, Genesis 14:17-20
- Ishmael the son of Hagar and Abraham, Genesis 16:1-16 – 17:27
- The birth of Isaac Abraham’s son, Genesis 21:1-7
- Hagar an Egyptian slave given to Abraham by the Pharaoh of Egypt, Genesis 21:8-21
- Rebekah married Isaac, Genesis 24:1-67
- Esau the son that Isaac loved, Genesis 25:20-34
- The birth of Jacob the son of Isaac, Genesis 25:20-26
- King Abimelech a local king and Isaac, Genesis 26:1-33
- Genesis Part Two – Click Here
- Time Line for Genesis
- Background Information – The book of Genesis
- Resources – The book of Genesis