In the beginning, God said, “Let us make the heavens and the earth.”
This is God’s story as He interacts with humankind.
Enjoy your time looking at the Images and reading the text.
Click on “NEXT PAGE” found at the far right below the green Navigation Bar.
To start your journey through the Bible that has been laid out in a timeline order not book order. This Journey starts with Genesis – part one.
Creation – the Beginning – Undated Past
1:1 In the beginning, God created the universe.
1:2 When the earth was as yet unformed and desolate, with the surface of the ocean depths shrouded in darkness, and while the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters,
In Hebrew Tanakh the word Heaven is in the plural Heavens.
The English word God is found in Hebrew Tanakh in its plural form as Elohim, because a im ending is a plural ending in Hebrew. And the words let us has a singular ending in Hebrew.
Different people hold strongly to their views about the seven days of creation if it was a solar 24 hour day or some other length of time. Maybe it could be a mix of the two or something totally different. Remember God lives outside of our time domain.
One mathematical module has the earth and the other planets being placed in their orbits around the sun. Their origins were from somewhere else in the systems of calyxes or universe.
Other modules in this unit:
- In the beginning, God created the earth – Undated Past
- The 7 or Seven Days of Creation – Undated Past, Genesis 1:1-3:24
- Adam was the first created man specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 1:26-31 – 2:1-25
- Eve the first woman specifically named in Scripture, Genesis 2:18-25
- Tree of Life, Genesis 3:1-24
- Cain the first human murderer and older brother of Abel – Genesis 4:1-17
- Abel a righteous man, Genesis 4:1-16
- Seth, Genesis 4:25-26
- Enoch did not die, Genesis 5:21-24
- About a 1100 Year gap between birth of Adam and the birth of Noah, Genesis 5:1-32
- Noah built an ark with God’s instructions, Genesis 6:8-22
- The Ark God’s way of saving people from the flood, Genesis 7:1 – 10:32
- The Tower of Babel, Genesis 11:1-9
- 400 years between Noah and Abraham, Genesis 11:10-32
- Abraham the father of nations, Genesis chapters 12:1-20
- Sarah was the wife of Abraham, Genesis 11:29-23:20
- Lot is rescued by Abraham, Genesis 14:1-17
- Melchizedek was the King of Salem, Genesis 14:17-20
- Ishmael the son of Hagar and Abraham, Genesis 16:1-16 – 17:27
- The birth of Isaac Abraham’s son, Genesis 21:1-7
- Hagar an Egyptian slave given to Abraham by the Pharaoh of Egypt, Genesis 21:8-21
- Rebekah married Isaac, Genesis 24:1-67
- Esau the son that Isaac loved, Genesis 25:20-34
- The birth of Jacob the son of Isaac, Genesis 25:20-26
- King Abimelech a local king and Isaac, Genesis 26:1-33
- Genesis Part Two » »
- Time Line for Genesis part one »
- Background Information – The book of Genesis
- Resources – The book of Genesis