Genesis 11:29-23:20. Sarah was the wife of Abraham. She was very beautiful even in her old age.
Her Hebrew name means Princess, the mother of the nations.
She was born in about 2155BC, had a son at 90 in 2065BC, and died at age 127 years old about 2028BC.
She was one of the notable women of the Bible. Her former name was Sarai, which in Hebrew means Jah is prince in Hebrew.
She was also a half sister to Abraham as they had the same father, Terah, but not the same mother.
29 Abram and Nahor took wives for themselves. The name of Abram’s wife was Sarai, and the name of Nahor’s wife was Milcah. She was the daughter of Haran, who was the father of Milcah and Iscah. 30 Sarai was barren, so she had not borne children.
31 Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot (Haran’s son), and his daughter-in-law Sarai, his son Abram’s wife, and they journeyed together from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to the land of Canaan. But when they had gone as far as Haran, they settled there,
Look up the Bible for the life of Sarah – Genesis 11:29-23:20
Most people know Sarah as the barren wife of Abraham. She was also his half-sister (same father—different mothers), which came from tribal marriage alliances in Hebrew times. This is how (in Genesis) Abraham could claim to the Egyptians that Sarah was his sister.
Other modules in this unit:
- In the beginning, God created the earth
- The 7 or Seven Days of Creation
- Adam was the first created man specifically named in Scripture
- Eve the first woman specifically named in Scripture
- Tree of Life
- Cain the first human murderer and older brother of Abel
- Abel a righteous man
- Seth, Genesis
- Enoch did not die
- About a 1100 Year gap between the birth of Adam and the birth of Noah
- Noah built an ark with God’s instructions
- The Ark, God’s way of saving people from the Flood
- The Tower of Babel
- 400 years between Noah and Abraham
- Abraham the father of nations
- Sarah was the wife of Abraham
- Lot is rescued by Abraham
- Melchizedek was the King of Salem
- Ishmael the son of Hagar and Abraham
- The birth of Isaac Abraham’s son
- Hagar, an Egyptian slave given to Abraham by the Pharaoh of Egypt
- Rebekah married Isaac
- Esau the son that Isaac loved
- The birth of Jacob the son of Isaac
- King Abimelech a local king and Isaac
- Questions and Answers 1-11
- Questions and Answers 12-26
- Genesis Part Two » »
- Time Line for Genesis part one »
- Resources – The book of Genesis