UNDATED PAST – Genesis 5:21-24.
Enoch is the man who God took to heaven while he was alive.
Enoch in Hebrew means: dedicated.
He was the man who walked with God.
He lived 365 years on the earth before God took him.
The prophecy of Enoch is found in Jude 14-16.
5:21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he fathered Methuselah. 22 After he fathered Methuselah, Enoch communed with God for 300 years and fathered other sons and daughters. 23 Enoch lived a total of 365 years, 24 communing with God—and then he was there no longer, because God had taken him.
(This Enoch, is not the same Enoch as Cain’s son Enoch).
Other modules in this unit:
- In the beginning, God created the earth
- The 7 or Seven Days of Creation
- Adam was the first created man specifically named in Scripture
- Eve the first woman specifically named in Scripture
- Tree of Life
- Cain the first human murderer and older brother of Abel
- Abel a righteous man
- Seth, Genesis
- Enoch did not die
- About a 1100 Year gap between the birth of Adam and the birth of Noah
- Noah built an ark with God’s instructions
- The Ark, God’s way of saving people from the Flood
- The Tower of Babel
- 400 years between Noah and Abraham
- Abraham the father of nations
- Sarah was the wife of Abraham
- Lot is rescued by Abraham
- Melchizedek was the King of Salem
- Ishmael the son of Hagar and Abraham
- The birth of Isaac Abraham’s son
- Hagar, an Egyptian slave given to Abraham by the Pharaoh of Egypt
- Rebekah married Isaac
- Esau the son that Isaac loved
- The birth of Jacob the son of Isaac
- King Abimelech a local king and Isaac
- Questions and Answers 1-11
- Questions and Answers 12-26
- Genesis Part Two » »
- Time Line for Genesis part one »
- Resources – The book of Genesis