Undated Past. In the beginning, God said, “Let us make the heavens and the earth.”
This is God’s story as He interacts with humankind.
The Greek title (Genesis) means beginning. The Hebrew title means beginning.
Some of the introductions for the first time or beginnings are:
First man and woman – Adam and Eve.
The first mention of Redemption – What Jesus did.
Enjoy your time looking at the Images and reading the text.
Click on “NEXT PAGE” found at the far right below the green Navigation Bar.
Your journey through the Bible has been laid out in a timeline order, not book order. Start this journey with Genesis – part one.
The Beginning – Undated Past
1:1 In the beginning, God created the universe.
1:2 When the earth was as yet unformed and desolate, with the surface of the ocean depths shrouded in darkness, and while the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters,
In the Hebrew Bible (Tanakh), the word Heaven is in the plural Heavens.
The English word God is found in Hebrew Tanakh in its plural form as Elohim, because a im ending is a plural ending in Hebrew. And the words let us has a singular ending in Hebrew.
Different people hold strongly to their views about the seven days of creation. Was it a solar 24 hour day or some other length of time?” Maybe it could be a mix of the two or something totally different. Remember God lives outside of our time domain.
One mathematical model has the earth and the other planets being placed in their orbits around the sun. Their orginal origins were from somewhere else in the systems of calyxes or universe.
Other modules in this unit:
- In the beginning, God created the earth
- The 7 or Seven Days of Creation
- Adam was the first created man specifically named in Scripture
- Eve the first woman specifically named in Scripture
- Tree of Life
- Cain the first human murderer and older brother of Abel
- Abel a righteous man
- About a 1100 Year gap between the birth of Adam and the birth of Noah
- Enoch did not die
- Noah built an ark with God’s instructions
- The Ark, God’s way of saving people from the Flood
- The Tower of Babel
- 400 years between Noah and Abraham
- Abraham the father of nations
- Sarah was the wife of Abraham
- Lot is rescued by Abraham
- Melchizedek was the King of Salem
- Hagar, an Egyptian slave given to Abraham by the Pharaoh of Egypt
- The birth of Isaac Abraham’s son
- Ishmael the son of Hagar and Abraham
- Rebekah married Isaac
- Esau the son that Isaac loved
- The birth of Jacob the son of Isaac
- King Abimelech a local king and Isaac
- Questions and Answers 1-11
- Questions and Answers 12-26
- Genesis Part Two » »
- Time Line for Genesis part one »
- Resources – The book of Genesis