Size of the New Jerusalem, is 2200 km cubed or 12,000 Stadia that is about 2200km cubed or 1,400 miles cubed.
This is the size of the city that John saw come down from heaven – about all of the Mediterranean Sea long, or approximately the distance between Gibraltar and Israel. All the measurements used and the descriptions of this city denote perfection and glory.
The old order has passed away and the new order controlled by has replaced it.
The Vision of the New Heaven and the New Earth
21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, because the first heaven and the first earth had disappeared, and the sea was gone. 2 I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.
3 I heard a loud voice from the throne say,
“See, the tent of God is among humans!
He will make his home with them,
and they will be his people.
God himself will be with them,
and he will be their God.
4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There won’t be death anymore.
There won’t be any grief, crying, or pain,
because the first things have disappeared.”
5 The one sitting on the throne said, “See, I am making all things new!”
He said, “Write this: ‘These words are trustworthy and true.’”
6 Then he told me, “It has happened! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give a drink from the spring of the water of life to the one who is thirsty. 7 The person who conquers will inherit these things. I will be his God, and he will be my son. 8 But people who are cowardly, unfaithful, detestable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars will find themselves in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death.”
The Vision of the New Jerusalem
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came to me and said, “Come! I will show you the bride, the wife of the lamb.” 10 He carried me away in the Spirit to a large, high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven. 11 The glory of God was its radiance, and its light was like a valuable gem, like jasper, as clear as crystal. 12 It had a large, high wall with twelve gates. Twelve angels were at the gates, and the names of the twelve tribes of Israel were written on the gates. 13 There were three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west. 14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the lamb were written on them.
15 The angel who was talking to me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, its gates, and its walls. 16 The city was cubic in shape: its length was the same as its width. He measured the city with his rod, and it measured at 12,000 stadia: Its length, width, and height were the same. 17 He also measured its wall. According to the human measurement that the angel was using, it was 144 cubits. 18 Its wall was made of jasper. The city was made of pure gold, as clear as glass.
19 The foundations of the city wall were decorated with all kinds of gems: The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth and the twelfth amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, and each gate was made of a single pearl. The street of the city was made of pure gold, as clear as glass.
Other modules in this unit:
- Satan the Red Dragon and the woman, Revelation 12:1-18
- 1260 Days, Revelation 12:6 and 12:13-14
- The Beast out of the Sea, Revelation 13:1-10
- The Beast out of the Earth, Revelation 13:11-13
- The Image or statue of the beast of the sea, Revelation 13:14-15
- The Mark of the Beast is 666, Revelation 13:14-18
- The First Angel or Messenger of three Angels with the eternal gospel to proclaim, Revelation 14:6-7
- The Lamb and the 144,000 Jewish men, Revelation 14:1-5
- First Cup – The Second Angel, Revelation 14:8
- The Third Angel with the Second Cup of God’s wrath – Revelation 14:9-13
- 300 km – The harvest of the earth, Revelation 14:14-20
- Seven Angels with seven Plagues, Revelation 15:1-16:1
- The First Bowl of Wrath – image 666, Revelation 16:2
- The Second Bowl of Wrath-Sea turned to Blood, Revelation 16:3
- River of Blood – the Third Bowl of Wrath, Revelation 16:4-7
- The forth Bowl of Wrath – on people, Revelation 16:8
- The fifth Bowl of Wrath – Sores and Pain, Revelation 16:10-11
- The sixth Bowl of Wrath – war, Revelation 16:12-16
- The Seventh Bowl of Wrath – Hail Stones, Revelation 16:17-21
- The Golden Cup of Filth – The Woman on the Beast, Revelation 17:1-18
- The Angel spoke, Revelation 18:1
- The Fall of Babylon, Revelation 18:2-24
- Shipping or Trading stopped, Revelation 18:17-19
- Angel announces the coming of Jesus, Revelation 19:1-10
- The Rider on the White Horse, Revelation 19:11-21
- Jesus holds the Keys, Revelation 20:1
- The Satanic-Red Dragon, Revelation 20:2-3
- 1000 years of Satan’s doom, Revelation 20:2-10
- Book or Scroll of Life, Revelation 20:11-15
- The Holy City – the New Jerusalem, Revelation 21:1-21
- 2200km, Size of the new city, Revelation 21:1-21
- God is light for the city, Revelation 21:22-25
- The River of the Water of Life, Revelation 22:1-5
- Jesus Reigns, Revelation 22:5
- Jesus is the lamp and God is the light, Revelation 22:5
- The Bride of Christ, Revelation 21:1-9 and Revelation 22:17
- WE WIN I looked at the end of the book and WE WIN, Revelation 20:15
- The that Angel announces Jesus’ birth, Revelation 22:6-21
- The Cross – Jesus is returning soon, Revelation 22:6-21
- Jesus Is returning soon, Revelation 22:6-21
- Background Information – Revelation Part Two
- Resources – Revelation Part Two