Jesus the Son of God, also known as the lamb of God, the light of the world, came into this world as a baby, to grow up into a man, then to die on the cross for us.
The book of Revelation was written by John to tell Jesus’ followers what was to happen and encourage them.
Jesus the man was born in Bethlehem which is just south of Jerusalem.
He spent most of his life in a town called Nazareth in the north part of Israel near the Sea of Galilee. Like all Jewish men, Jesus learned a trade, in His case carpentry from his step-father Joseph. He would have gone to the local synagogue, the local place of religious learning. He would have visited Jerusalem up to three times a year and also family and friends, including those from His step-father’s side who lived in Bethlehem or nearby.
Jesus Is Returning – He is Coming Soon
11:6 He told me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord God of the spirits and of the prophets has sent his messenger to show his servants the things that must happen soon.”
7 “See! I am coming soon! How blessed is the person who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book!”
The Vision of an Exhortation to Worship God
8 I, John, heard and saw these things. When I had heard and seen them, I bowed down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing me these things. 9 But he told me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you, your brothers the prophets, and those who keep the words in this book. Worship God!”
10 Then he told me, “Don’t seal up the words of the prophecy in this book, because the time is near. 11 Let the one who does what is evil continue to do what is evil. Let the filthy person continue to be filthy. Let the righteous person continue to do what is right. And let the holy person continue to be holy.”
12 “See! I am coming soon! My reward is with me to repay everyone according to his behavior. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
14 “How blessed are those who wash their robes so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city! 15 Outside are dogs, sorcerers, immoral people, murderers, idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give this testimony to you for the churches. I am the root and descendant of David, the bright morning star.”
17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!”
Let everyone who hears this say, “Come!”
Let everyone who is thirsty come!
Let anyone who wants the water of life take it as a gift!
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy in this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will strike him with the plagues that are written in this book. 19 If anyone takes away any words from the book of this prophecy, God will take away his portion of the tree of life and the holy city that are described in this book.
20 The one who is testifying to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”
Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!
21 May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints.
Other modules in this unit:
- Satan the Red Dragon and the Woman, Revelation 12:1-18
- 1260 Days, Revelation 12:6 and 12:13-14
- The Beast out of the Sea, Revelation 13:1-10
- The Beast out of the Earth, Revelation 13:11-13
- The Image or statue of the Beast of the Sea, Revelation 13:14-15
- The Mark of the Beast is 666, Revelation 13:14-18
- The Lamb and the 144,000 Jewish men, Revelation 14:1-5
- The First Angel of three Angels with the eternal gospel to proclaim, Revelation 14:6-7
- First Cup – The Second Angel, Revelation 14:8
- The Third Angel with the Second Cup of God’s wrath – Revelation 14:9-13
- 300 km – The harvest of the earth, Revelation 14:14-20
- Seven Angels with the Seven Plagues, Revelation 15:1-16:1
- The First Bowl of Wrath – image 666, Revelation 16:2
- The Second Bowl of Wrath – Sea turned to Blood, Revelation 16:3
- The Third Bowl of Wrath – Rivers of Blood, Revelation 16:4-7
- The fourth Bowl of Wrath – on people, Revelation 16:8
- The fifth Bowl of Wrath – Sores and Pain, Revelation 16:10-11
- The sixth Bowl of Wrath – war, Revelation 16:12-16
- The Seventh Bowl of Wrath – Hailstones, Revelation 16:17-21
- The Golden Cup of Filth – The Woman on the Beast, Revelation 17:1-18
- The Angel spoke, Revelation 18:1
- The Fall of Babylon, Revelation 18:2-24
- Shipping or Trading stopped, Revelation 18:17-19
- Angel announces the coming of Jesus, Revelation 19:1-10
- The Rider on the White Horse, Revelation 19:11-21
- Jesus holds the Keys, Revelation 20:1
- The Satanic-Red Dragon, Revelation 20:2-3
- 1000 years of Satan’s doom, Revelation 20:2-10
- Book or Scroll of Life, Revelation 20:11-14
- WE WIN! I looked at the end of the book and WE WIN, Revelation 20:15
- The Holy City – the New Jerusalem, Revelation 21:1-21
- 2200km, Size of the new city, Revelation 21:1-21
- God is light for the city, Revelation 21:22-25
- The River of the Water of Life, Revelation 22:1-5
- Jesus Reigns, Revelation 22:5
- Jesus is the lamp and God is the light, Revelation 22:5
- The Bride of Christ, Revelation 21:1-9 and Revelation 22:17
- The Angel that announced Jesus’ Birth, Revelation 22:6-21
- The Cross – Jesus is returning soon, Revelation 22:6-21
- Jesus Is returning soon, Revelation 22:6-21
- Questions and Answers to questions 45 to 84 inclusive
- Resources – Revelation Part One and Two
- Background Information – Revelation Part Two