Revelation 12:6 and 12:13-14. The woman symbolizes the nation of Israel (shown by the crown of 12 stars upon her head symbolizing the 12 tribes of Israel).
The man-child born from Israel symbolizes The Messiah or The Christ. Or maybe the man-child symbolizes the 144, 000 Jews that are given a special mission by God.
The time span of 1260 days is also known as 42 months or three and a half years.
A Time is often used in Scripture to denote the full circle of 360 degrees/year spans – thus a Time, Times and Half a Time = 1260.
At one stage many many years ago it took 360 days for the earth to go round the sun unlike now where it is 365 days. Both 360 and 365 are rounded figures.
The 1260 Days
12:6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where a place had been prepared for her by God so that she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.
Persecution and Flight of Israel for 3.5 years (Revelation 12:6, refs)
12:13 When the dragon saw that it had been thrown down to the earth, it pursued the woman who had given birth to the boy. 14 However, the woman was given the two wings of a large eagle so that she could fly away from the serpent to her place in the wilderness, where she could be taken care of for a time, times, and half a time.
Other modules in this unit:
- Satan the Red Dragon and the Woman
- 1260 Days
- The Beast out of the Sea
- The Beast out of the Earth
- The Image or statue of the Beast of the Sea
- The Mark of the Beast is 666
- The Lamb and the 144,000 Jewish men
- The First Angel of three Angels with the eternal gospel to proclaim
- First Cup – The Second Angel
- The Third Angel with the Second Cup of God’s wrath
- 300 km – The harvest of the earth
- Seven Angels with the Seven Plagues
- The First Bowl of Wrath – image 666
- The Second Bowl of Wrath – Sea turned to Blood
- The Third Bowl of Wrath – Rivers of Blood
- The fourth Bowl of Wrath – on people
- The fifth Bowl of Wrath – Sores and Pain
- The sixth Bowl of Wrath – war,
- The Seventh Bowl of Wrath – Hailstones
- The Golden Cup of Filth – The Woman on the Beast
- The Angel spoke
- The Fall of Babylon
- Shipping or Trading stopped
- Angel announces the coming of Jesus
- The Rider on the White Horse
- Jesus holds the Keys
- The Satanic-Red Dragon
- 1000 years of Satan’s doom
- Book or Scroll of Life
- WE WIN! I looked at the end of the book and WE WIN
- The Holy City – the New Jerusalem
- 2200km, Size of the new city
- God is light for the city
- The River of the Water of Life
- Jesus Reigns
- Jesus is the lamp and God is the light
- The Bride of Christ
- The Angel that announced Jesus’ Birth
- The Cross – Jesus is returning soon
- Jesus Is returning soon
- Questions and Answers to questions 45 to 84
- Resources – Revelation Part One and Two
- Background Information – Revelation Part Two