1 Kings 2:10-12. Second king of the three kings of the unified kingdom. He reigned for 40 years. 1011BC-971BC.
David who had become King in God’s time, lived until he was 70 years and 6 months old, started his reign at 30 years old.
Hebrew name of David means: beloved.
His life is found in 1 Samuel to 1 Kings 2:11 and 1 Chronicles.
David was good in God’s sight. David had a whole heart towards God.
The end of the 40 years reign of King David
2:10 After this, David died, as had his ancestors, and he was buried in the City of David. 11 David had reigned over Israel for 40 years. He reigned in Hebron for seven years and in Jerusalem for 33 years. 12 Solomon then assumed his father David’s throne, and his kingdom was firmly established.
1 Kings 2:10-12
Also read: 1 Chronicles 29:26-28.
Other slides in this module:
- Samuel the fifteenth Judge of Israel anoints Saul
- King Saul starts his reign of about thirty-two years
- King Saul reigned for 40 years. He was the 1st of 3 kings
- Samuel the fifteenth Judge of Israel anoints David as king
- David plays for his King
- David uses his slingshot
- The giant Goliath is killed by David
- King Saul tries to kill David with a spear
- Jonathan, David’s faithful friend
- Soldiers of David’s army
- Abigail acted quickly
- 40-year reign of King Saul ends
- King Ishbosheth
- Start of 40 Year reign of King David
- David becomes king in God’s time
- David conquers Jerusalem
- The Ark brought to Jerusalem
- Bathsheba and King David
- Amnon and Tamar
- The end of King David’s 40 year Reign
- The start of the 40-year reign of King Solomon
- King Solomon’s reign established
- A sword gets the truth, Solomon’s Wise Ruling
- Solomon’s Temple
- The Queen of Sheba visits King Solomon
- The end of 40-year reign of King Solomon
- Questions and Answers 1-13
- Questions and Answers 14-26
- Timeline for the Three Kings
- Background Information: Three Kings
- Resources – Three Kings – Saul, David, and Solomon
- Next Module – Prophets and Kings part one » »