1 Kings 11:41-43. At the end of King Solomon’s reign, that his Kingdom is split into two Kingdoms.
Solomon started out right asking God for wisdom to lead God’s people.
He had only half a heart after God and was led away from God by his own actions.
Solomon wrote a number of books in the Bible can you name them?
End of the 40 Year Reign of King Solomon and his death
11:41 Now the rest of Solomon’s accomplishments, including everything else he did, as well as records of his wisdom, are recorded in the Book of the Acts of Solomon, are they not? 42 Solomon reigned over all of Israel from Jerusalem for a total of 40 years. 43 Then Solomon died, as had his ancestors, and he was buried in the city of his father David. His son Rehoboam reigned in his place.
1 Kings 11:41-42
Also read: 2 Chronicles 2:1 – 9:31.
Other modules in this unit:
- Samuel the fifteenth Judge of Israel anoints Saul
- King Saul starts his reign of about thirty-two years
- King Saul reigned for 40 years. He was the 1st of 3 kings
- Samuel the fifteenth Judge of Israel anoints David as king
- David plays for his King
- David uses his slingshot
- The giant Goliath is killed by David
- King Saul tries to kill David with a spear
- Jonathan, David’s faithful friend
- Soldiers of David’s army
- Abigail acted quickly
- 40-year reign of King Saul ends
- King Ishbosheth
- Start of 40 Year reign of King David
- David becomes king in God’s time
- David conquers Jerusalem
- The Ark brought to Jerusalem
- Bathsheba and King David
- Amnon and Tamar
- The end of King David’s 40 year Reign
- The start of the 40-year reign of King Solomon
- King Solomon’s reign established
- A sword gets the truth, Solomon’s Wise Ruling
- Solomon’s Temple
- The Queen of Sheba visits King Solomon
- The end of 40-year reign of King Solomon
- Questions 1-13
- Questions 14-26
- Timeline for the Three Kings
- Background Information: Three Kings
- Resources – Three Kings – Saul, David, and Solomon
- Next Module – Kings of Judah » »