Genesis 50:22-26. Joseph was the one whose dreams from God came true. He was also able to interpret other people’s dreams.
Joseph was 30 years old when the Pharaoh of Egypt made him Second in Charge.
He died at one hundred and ten years old in Egypt. His bones were taken back to the land of his birth when Moses lead the people out of Egypt about 400 years later. Exodus 13:19.
Joseph looked after his brothers and their families even after his brothers tried to harm him when he was still a teenager. Joseph was a still a very powerful man in Egypt.
Jacob promised to Joseph he as a people would go back to the land and Jacob would give to Joseph one portion more than to his brothers. This portion would be the ridge of land that he took from the Amorites with his sword and bow.
The Death and Burial of Joseph
50:22 Joseph continued to live in Egypt, along with his father’s household, until he was 110 years old. 23 Joseph saw the third generation of Ephraim’s children, as well as the children who had been born to Manasseh’s son Machir, whom he adopted as his own. 24 Later, Joseph told his brothers, “I’m going to die soon, but God will certainly provide for you and bring you up from this land to the land that he promised with an oath to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” 25 So Joseph made all of Israel’s other children make this promise: “Because God is certainly going to take care of you, you are to carry my bones up from here.”
26 Some time later, Joseph died at the age of 110 years, and he was embalmed and placed in a coffin in Egypt.
Joseph was the favorite son of Jacob by his favorite wife Rachel.
The youth whose dreams came true.
First of the Hebrew leaders very early on in the History of Israel.
He had a Christ-like spirit.
Other modules in this unit:
- Jacob steals Isaac’s blessing
- Jacob dreams about a ladder and angels at Bethel
- Laban meets Jacob
- Jacob marries Rachel the daughter of Laban
- Leah the older sister of Rachel
- Bilhah, the servant of Rachel
- Zilpah, servant of Leah
- Jacob had twelve sons
- Reuben finds some mandrakes for Leah
- Jacob flees with his family from Laban
- Esau’s descendants
- Joseph’s Dreams
- Joseph is put down a well
- Tamar and Judah
- Joseph runs from Potiphar’s Wife
- The Cup that held the wine for the King of Egypt
- The head chef to the King of Egypt
- Joseph’s brothers’ first trip to Egypt for food
- The Second Journey to Egypt
- A silver cup belonging to Joseph was put in a Sack
- Jacob moves to Egypt in a cart
- Two Sons of Joseph, Genesis
- Manasseh, Joseph’s older son
- Ephraim, Joseph’s younger son
- 12 sons of Jacob whom he blesses before he dies
- Death of Jacob at one hundred and forty-seven years old
- Death of Joseph at one hundred and ten years old
- Questions and Answers 1-28
- 300-year gap between Joseph and Moses
- Life of Moses » »
- Timeline for the book of Genesis parts one and two »
- Resources – Genesis Part Two