Genesis 36:1-43. Esau’s family tree. Esau was the elder son of Isaac and the twin brother of Jacob.
Both had now become great men with much cattle and sheep and servants.
This family tree lists all the children who have Esau as their ancestor.
Esau was the ancestor of the Edomites. Look up in the Bible the problems they caused Israel over the years.
36:1 This is a record of Esau’s genealogy, that is, of Edom. 2 Esau had married Canaanite women, including Elon the Hittite’s daughter Adah, Oholibamah, the daughter of Anah (who was Zibeon the Hivite’s daughter), and 3 Ishamael’s daughter Basemath (who was Nebaioth’s sister). 4 Adah bore Eliphaz to Esau, Basemath bore Reuel, and 5 Oholibamah bore Jeush, Jalam, and Korah. These were Esau’s sons, who were born to him in the territory of Canaan.
6 Later, Esau took his wives, his children, everyone in his household, his livestock, all his animals, and all his possessions that he had acquired in the territory of Canaan and moved far away from his brother Jacob, 7 because their holdings were too vast to allow them to stay together, since the land where they had settled was not able to support all of their livestock. 8 So Esau lived in Mount Seir. (Esau was also known as Edom.)
9 This is a record of the family history of Esau, the ancestor of the Edomites of Mount Seir. 10 The names of Esau’s sons were Eliphaz (the son of Esau’s wife Adah) and Reuel (the son of Esau’s wife Basemath).
11 Eliphaz’s sons were Teman, Omar, Zepho, Gatam, and Kenaz. 12 Timnah was a concubine of Esau’s son Eliphaz. She bore Amalek to Eliphaz.
13 Reuel’s sons were Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah. These were the sons of Esau’s wife Basemath.
Other slides in this module:
- Jacob stole Esau’s blessing
- Jacob dreams about a ladder and angels at Bethel
- Laban meets Jacob
- Jacob marries Rachel the daughter of Laban
- Leah the older sister of Rachel
- Bilhah, the servant of Rachel
- Zilpah, servant of Leah
- Jacob had twelve sons
- Reuben finds some mandrakes for Leah
- Jacob flees with his family from Laban
- Jacob prepares to meet Esau
- Esau’s descendants
- Joseph’s Dreams
- Joseph is put down a well
- Tamar and Judah
- Joseph runs from Potiphar’s Wife
- The Cup that held the wine for the King of Egypt
- The head chef to the King of Egypt
- Joseph’s brothers’ first trip to Egypt for food
- The Second Journey to Egypt
- A silver cup belonging to Joseph was put in a Sack
- Jacob moves to Egypt in a cart
- Two Sons of Joseph
- Manasseh, Joseph’s older son
- Ephraim, Joseph’s younger son
- 12 sons of Jacob whom he blesses before he dies
- Death of Jacob at one hundred and forty-seven years old
- Death of Joseph at one hundred and ten years old
- 300-year gap between Joseph and Moses
- Questions and Answers 1-15
- Questions and Answers 16-30
- Life of Moses » »
- Timeline for the book of Genesis parts one and two »
- Resources – Genesis Part Two