Samson and Delilah – new ropes.
After Delilah had nagged Samson for the second time, he said to her, “If you tie me up with new ropes, I will become weak.
He had lied and just went his way.
Why did Samson not understand what Delilah was up to?
Or was God using this to bring about what was to happen in the Philistine temple to Dagon, where Samson was to kill more in that one event than he killed in the rest of his life?
The Philistines were one of the enemies of Israel.
Samson and Delilah
11 He told her, “If I’m tied up securely with new ropes that have never been used, then I’ll become weak and just like any other human being.”
12 So Delilah grabbed some new ropes and tied him up. Then she told him, “The Philistines are attacking you, Samson!” because some kidnappers were hiding inside an inner room. But he snapped the ropes from his arms like thread.
Delilah the full story- Judges 16:4-22.
Other modules in this unit:
- Joshua God’s warrior and the fall of Jericho
- Caleb, Moses’ Man
- The two scouts or spies were Joshua’s eyes
- Rahab helped Israel to take Jericho
- Crossing the Jordan River
- The fall of Jericho
- Rahab saved from death
- Ai burns
- House hold Idols
- Pillage – Levite and his Concubine
- Daughters of Shiloh
- Othniel the first Judge of Israel
- Ehud the second Judge of Israel
- Shamgar the third Judge of Israel
- Deborah the 4th Judge of Israel
- Barak the commander of the army, under Deborah the fourth Judge of Israel
- Barak and Deborah
- Jael the wife of Heber took a tent peg
- Gideon the fifth Judge of Israel
- Gideon, the fifth Judge of Israel, with God’s help gets 300 men
- Abimelech the sixth Judge of Israel
- The curse of Jotham
- Tola, the seventh Judge of Israel
- Naomi and Ruth
- Jair the eighth Judge of Israel
- Ruth, the great-grandmother of King David
- Ruth and Boaz at the Threshing Floor
- Sandal of the Kinsman Redeemer
- Birth of Samuel
- Eli the high priest and 9th Judge of Israel
- Jephthah the Gileadite the 10th Judge of Israel
- The only daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite, the 10th Judge of Israel
- Ibzan the 11th Judge or Ruler of Israel
- Elon the 12th Judge of Israel
- Abdon the 13th Judge of Israel
- Samson the 14th Judge of Israel
- Delilah and Samson
- Delilah New Ropes, Samson the 14th Judge of Israel
- Delilah seeks, Samson the 14th Judge of Israel
- Samson sleeps, Samson the 14th Judge of Israel
- Death of Samson, the 14th Judge of Israel
- Samuel the fifteenth Judge of Israel anoints two kings
- Joel the 16th Judge of Israel
- Abijah the 17th Judge of Israel
- Samuel the 15th Judge of Israel and also a Prophet
- Questions and Answers 1-14
- Questions and Answers 15- 28
- Questions and Answers 29-45
- 17 Judges or Leaders of Israel »
- Timeline of the Judges
- Background Information – Joshua and Judges of Israel
- Resources – Joshua and Judges of Israel
- Next Module – Three Kings – Saul, David & Solomon » »