Revelation 6:7-8. Dead people often have a green tinge to them.
The Greek word is chloros which means green.
All the four horse riders control only one-quarter of the earth.
The rider of this horse has a given name, which is death, and is followed by another rider called Hades.
If we translate Hades into English it would be translated as the world of the dead.
The Fourth Seal: the pale horse
Death rampant because of the first three seals (Matthew 24:6-7)
The Vision of the Fourth Seal Opened
7 When the lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Go!” 8 I looked, and there wasa a paleb green horse! Its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. They were given authority over one-fourthc of the earthd to kill people using wars, famines, plagues, and ethe wild animals of the earth.
a. Here death and the world of death are personified.
|These two riders are named because they are not recognized as easily as the first three riders of the first three seals.|
b. A pale horse.
|Gr, chloros. Trans. Green except here (see Revelation 8:7;9:4; Mark. 6:39). Death rides the green horse, and the world of death rides the fifth horse. Death here no doubt refers to a great pestilence following wars and famines of the first three seals. cp Matthew 24:6–7, Ezekiel 14:21|
c. Tribulation not world-wide Revelation 6:9
|The sixth trumpet causes only a third part of men to be killed. Revelation9:18|
d. This refers to the wars of the first two seals.
|It refers to the famine of the third seal, and to death and Hades of the fourth seal, Revelation 6:2–8|
e. Where the dead bodies are fallen in the wars.
|The famines and plagues of the first four seals, there the beasts will be gathered to eat them. Cp. Matthew 24:28; Luke. 17:34–37; Revelation 17:17; Ezekiel 39:17–21|
Other slides in this module:
- The Book of Revelation
- Jesus coming back in the clouds
- John on the Island of Patmos
- Seven Churches
- The Eightfold characteristics of the Son of Man
- Jesus holds the keys
- First Church, Ephesus; The Tree of Life
- Second Church, Smyrna; Satan
- Third Church, Pergamum; Manna
- 4th Church, Thyatira; Morning Star
- Fifth Church, Sardis; White robes
- 6th Church, Philadelphia; Holy City
- 7th Church, Laodicea; Door to your Heart
- The Throne of God in Heaven
- The Scroll and the Lamb
- 1st seal – the white horse and rider
- The Second Seal – the Red Horse
- Third Seal – The black horse
- The 4th Seal: the pale or green horse
- 5th Seal – White Robes
- The 6th Seal, Blackness
- 144,000 Jewish emissaries
- Believers in White Robes holding palm branches
- Jesus opens the Seventh Seal
- Angel with the Golden Censer
- 1st Trumpet – Hail and fire mixed with blood
- The second Trumpet or second Shofar
- The Judgment of the Third trumpet or Shofar
- The Judgment of the Fourth Trumpet or 4th Shofar
- The first Horror or the Vision of the Eagle Flying
- The Fifth Trumpet or fifth Shofar
- The Second Horror, calamity, terror
- The Sixth Trumpet or Sixth Shofar released 200 million soldiers for war
- The Angel
- The Little Scroll
- 1260 Days of the Gentiles
- 1260 Days of the Two Witnesses
- The Two Witnesses of God
- The Seventh Trumpet or Shofar sounds
- The announcement of the third horror
- Questions and Answers 1 to 21
- Questions and Answers 22-42
- The book of Revelation Part Two » »