Revelation 1:1-6. The Book of Revelation is the last book of the Bible. It covers what the Apostle John saw in a vision on the Island of Patmos. John was a prisoner because he preached about Jesus and Him crucified and that He rose from the dead.
The book was written between AD90-AD95. There are 66 books or scrolls that make up the Bible and this scroll is the last one.
It is sometimes called the Apocalypse of Saint John. John used in The Book of Revelation a Jewish style of writing known as Apocalyptic.
The Introductions and Greetings which are found in the first six verses of the Book of Revelation (Revelation 1:1-6) show us to who John was writing to.
THE BOOK OF REVELATION is the 27th book of the New Testament and the last book of the Bible. According to some scholars the Book of Revelation was written by John before he wrote 1,2,3, John and the Gospel of John.
The Book of Revelation
1:1 The revelation of Jesus the Messiah, which God gave him to show his servants the things that must happen soon. He made it known by sending his messenger to his servant John, 2 who testified about this message from God and the testimony about Jesus the Messiah. 3 How blessed is the one who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy and obey what is written in it, for the time is near!
Greetings and Doxology
4 From John
The Revelation of Jesus the Messiah to the Seven Churches in the province of Asia:
May grace and peace be yours from the one who is, who was, and who is coming, from the seven spirits who are in front of his throne, 5 and from Jesus the Messiah, the witness, the faithful one, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To the one who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6 and has made us a kingdom, priests for his God and Father, be glory and power forever and ever! Amen.
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
John writes the Book of Revelation as one long prophecy, containing many, sometimes overlapping, images from the Old Testament.
Other modules in this unit:
- The Book of Revelation
- Jesus coming back in the clouds
- John on the Island of Patmos
- Seven Churches
- The Eightfold characteristics of the Son of Man
- Jesus holds the keys
- First Church, Ephesus; The Tree of Life
- Second Church, Smyrna; Satan
- Third Church, Pergamum; Manna
- 4th Church, Thyatira; Morning Star
- Fifth Church, Sardis; White robes
- 6th Church, Philadelphia; Holy City
- 7th Church, Laodicea; Door to your Heart
- The Throne of God in Heaven
- The Scroll and the Lamb
- 1st seal – the white horse and rider
- The Second Seal – the Red Horse
- Third Seal – The black horse
- The 4th Seal: the pale or green horse
- 5th Seal – White Robes
- The 6th Seal, Blackness
- 144,000 Jewish emissaries
- Believers in White Robes holding palm branches
- Jesus opens the Seventh Seal
- Angel with the Golden Censer
- 1st Trumpet – Hail and fire mixed with blood
- The second Trumpet or second Shofar
- The Judgment of the Third trumpet or Shofar
- The Judgment of the Fourth Trumpet or 4th Shofar
- The first Horror or the Vision of the Eagle Flying
- The Fifth Trumpet or fifth Shofar
- The Second Horror, calamity, terror
- The Sixth Trumpet or Sixth Shofar released 200 million soldiers for war
- The Angel
- The Little Scroll
- 1260 Days of the Gentiles
- 1260 Days of the Two Witnesses
- The Two Witnesses of God
- The Two Witnesses of God, Revelation 11:3-14
- The Seventh Trumpet or Shofar sounds
- The announcement of the third horror
- Questions and Answers 1 to 21
- Questions and Answers 22-42
- The book of Revelation Part Two » »